VCS AKA Linguatronic Part Number for R171

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL55
VCS AKA Linguatronic Part Number for R171

Hey Everybody,

The dealer just installed the MHI Phone kit for me. After asking them repeatedly if the MHI Phone kit comes with the VCS system (they said yes many times), I find out today that no it didn't. The dealer doesn't even have a clue about what it is! They asked me to get them a part number. Do any of you guys have the part number for the VCS system for the R171??? Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks a lot everybody!
Old 03-30-2006, 11:52 AM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Search here and/or over on Benzworld.

Someone (in Australia I think) had it done, within the last 9 months, posted pics and everything. Quite a tear up as I remember. I seem to remember even the steering wheel had to be changed out.

Dealer's won't do it. I think MBenzNL or miroj did it for him. Also pretty pricey.

There is not a PN or installation kit for it for SLK (it's not supported). They used a kit from another MB car.

This is all from (bad!) memory. Just search on linguatronic in the SLK forums.

Last edited by bloflin; 03-30-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by bloflin
Search here and/or over on Benzworld.

Someone (in Australia I think) had it done, within the last 9 months, posted pics and everything. Quite a tear up as I remember. I seem to remember even the steering wheel had to be changed out.

Dealer's won't do it. I think MBenzNL or miroj did it for him. Also pretty pricey.

There is not a PN or installation kit for it for SLK (it's not supported). They used a kit from another MB car.

This is all from (bad!) memory. Just search on linguatronic in the SLK forums.
Since it was a AU install it uses UK parts not USA parts. USA cars are much cheaper and easier to mod. The steering part does not need to be touched.

As for what is inside the bulkhead of the rear compartment is anyones guess as I know that Dean and Steve do that work frequently.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:49 AM

2005 SL55
It's ok, i'm just going to let Steve take care of it.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by xaveon
It's ok, i'm just going to let Steve take care of it.
as far as I can tell - I do not think that the US VR module will work with the SLK microphone array AND the US MHI system - but we'll see...the MHI PSEs have just been upgraded recently and have a setting for the number of microphones that are installed in the car now so it might just work now (if you have the latest software version on your PSE).

greetingz,
Old 04-04-2006, 04:43 AM

2005 SL55
Hey Steve, so you're saying it might work? What are the chances that it will not work? Wanda had said that you don't anticipate any problems for the install so I hope not too. I have the newest firmware for the phone system (my dealer upgraded all firmware when they installed the system). I hope the install will go as planned. See you soon.

Last edited by xaveon; 04-04-2006 at 04:46 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
as far as I can tell - I do not think that the US VR module will work with the SLK microphone array AND the US MHI system - but we'll see...the MHI PSEs have just been upgraded recently and have a setting for the number of microphones that are installed in the car now so it might just work now (if you have the latest software version on your PSE).

greetingz,
I was under the impression that if you install VCS then you are no longer using the MHI microphone ports. Unless of course there is some kind of cross-over with the Teleaid system through MHI.

The wiring diagram in SLK shows the USA system.