SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Anybody knows how to remove these parts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 6.1 Brabus, E55, SLK55
Anybody knows how to remove these parts?

I'm apologized if this has already been asked before. I tried doing a search couldn't find anything.

I need some help.
I'm planning to remove these parts to get it done in Carbon fiber.

-Instrument cluster http://www.mp-des********/interieur/171/inex_171.htm
Like the part shown. I still need to drive the car around so I hope the guages can stay on.

-Cover shaftboard?

- SLK 55 front black splitter ( the fin that is beside the front huge Mercedes star)

-The hood grills ( just the 3 grills not the whole thing )

Can anybody please provide me with more information on how to remove any of these pieces?

I tried removing them for hours but didn't want to break anything.

I appreciate it. Thanks
Old 03-30-2006, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 55 AMG
Whoa, that's a lot of stuff. Seems like there's new bits to change. Let me answer what I can (not very much I'm afraid... so hopefully someone else can explain more... if you do buy bits to replace on your car, instructions might be delivered by the products being sold).
Originally Posted by zaint10
-Instrument cluster. I still need to drive the car around so I hope the guages can stay on.
Not sure about the entire cluster, someone did post info about it a long time ago. Be careful, the dial covers may shatter if you let them fall off. The other tabs just underneath and to the sides can be removed by just pulling them off, but the dials may require removing the entire steering wheel...
-Cover shaftboard?
You need to first place the gear in neutral, then place 3-4 fingers down the left side of the shifter, into the leather. By pushing down hard enough, you'll find a clip which can be pressed. This will then release the cover shaftboard which can be rotated, and then easily removed by unscrewing all the bits from underneath.
- SLK 55 front black splitter ( the fin that is beside the front huge Mercedes star)
I haven't tried it, someone else did. If I remember correctly, it isn't too hard, but you need to be careful. The black find are attached on via clips, so if you lift the black fins, the clips will unhook and the piece comes off... Possibly might require unscrewing the entire front badge thing...
-The hood grills ( just the 3 grills not the whole thing )
By 3 grills you mean the "claws"?
Easiest way to remove the claws is to open the hood, unscrew the grill on either side of the hood, and then use another tool to pry off the claws.