SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Brabus Emblem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK28
Brabus Emblem

supp guyss.. i purchased the emblem (brabus) for the back of my car... where i got it from, they told me to just blow dry (hot) the SLK logo and use a dental floss to remove them... is this the only way to take them out?? what do u all know about it and the best way to remove them??
Old 06-06-2006, 03:04 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Yes, hair dryer (not a heat gun, unless you are experienced with heat guns), and dental floss or mono-filament fishing line. Then Goo Gone or similar to remove any residue.

The idea is to separate the adhesive with the floss.

Don't try to pry it off with anything like screwdrivers.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:07 PM

'06 SLK55 AMG, del Sol VTEC
Dude, sorry, I know you didn't ask for opinions on this, but I just can't contain myself. Putting a Brabus badge on your car just 'cause it has Brabus rims (if I recall correctly from your earlier postings) is the cheeziest form of posing. Now, performance mods are a different matter - please get some to justify that badge!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:26 AM

SLK28
woww... really? is that how it is? u MUST modify (brabusify) ur car all the way before one should even considering placing the brabus emblem on it??
Old 06-07-2006, 12:48 PM

12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
yeah!....like putting the cherry on the sundae!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Personal preference

You don't HAVE To have real brabus mods to put on the emblem but I'm sure many would not approve of it.

I think this goes back to the old ricer days when people put a bunch of decals even though they didn't really make any sense.

If you have done interior mods/cosmetic mods and put the brabus badge I think that would be fine. If of course you haven't done any brabus mods ... then I wouldn't suggest it.

You should realize that most people that know who Brabus is ... will most likely be able to tell if your car has been modified by Brabus.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:09 PM

2006 Brabus B55 (Brabus Modified SLK55)
As someone who has a dozen Brabus mods - including the B55 S engine modification - I thought I would throw in my two cents. When I first went into Brabus NA, I went just to buy wheels. I asked them about Brabus badging and one salesman told me "not without engine modifications" and another salesman told me "with Brabus wheels, most definiately." So even the guys who work there are not sure of the company policy regarding badging. I can tell you this though, if you are going to spend $7K on a set of wheels, and the bading is the deal-breaker, they will badge your car for free. Personally, I think that if you have authentic Brabus wheels (which you won't get new for anything less than $5K from Brabus installed) then you should be able to badge your car any way you please.

The thing I don't understand is why didn't Brabus do the badging for you? They do it in about 2 minutes with special tools. I am sure that if you went down there, for a fee of course, they would put one on (probably less than $100). When you start going to Brabus, you have to just leave practicality and reason at the door - oh and your wallet to.

Bottom line: it is your car, do whatever you want with it.