SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Chrome Aerowings for Hood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrome Aerowings for Hood

All,
Does anyone know the SLK55 hood aerowings can be romoved and replaced with the chrome aerowings from mymercedes.com website that I 've just ordered from?.
I forgot to do the homework.
Thanks
Old 06-13-2006, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by Fun@55
All,
Does anyone know the SLK55 hood aerowings can be romoved and replaced with the chrome aerowings from mymercedes.com website that I 've just ordered from?.
I forgot to do the homework.
Thanks
I have the same thing on my SL55. They slip over the fins and are held on with double sided tape. They fit great and in my opinion really enhance the look. My car is black by the way.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by lkirchner
I have the same thing on my SL55. They slip over the fins and are held on with double sided tape. They fit great and in my opinion really enhance the look. My car is black by the way.

Where did you purchase your aerowings? The one from mymercedes.com is the complete aerowing assembly (with no slip-over chrome type). I probably must remove my existing wings and put on the new wings.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by Fun@55
Where did you purchase your aerowings? The one from mymercedes.com is the complete aerowing assembly (with no slip-over chrome type). I probably must remove my existing wings and put on the new wings.
I purchased mine from formymercedes.com. They included the side slats that the SL has as well. I am assuming that your SLK55 has the same type of slats that the SL has. If so they will be a slip on cover that goes over the stock wings especially for the $79 price.