SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

How fast have you taken your SLK 55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55 AMG
Holy ***** u people are way to nice...just took a look at this thread and unlike the others I do mean to be disrespectful.

Tommy, u are full of ***** and have far to much time on your hands. Stop playing on the computer and start working, then perhaps u will have the money to buy an slk55. The only reason im not going to blast your silly *** worse is because i liked your line about not loving your GF (good stuff)....but if i catch u posting BS pics again i will call your parents and u will be punished indefinitely. Now go finish your homework before u upset me.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by Derelique
Holy ***** u people are way to nice...just took a look at this thread and unlike the others I do mean to be disrespectful.

Tommy, u are full of ***** and have far to much time on your hands. Stop playing on the computer and start working, then perhaps u will have the money to buy an slk55. The only reason im not going to blast your silly *** worse is because i liked your line about not loving your GF (good stuff)....but if i catch u posting BS pics again i will call your parents and u will be punished indefinitely. Now go finish your homework before u upset me.
LOL ROFL LMFAO. Nice dude Nice. But, I've made ENOUGH money to be comfortable. I'm a Child star in China. Personaly Not a big fan. I'm Also a Guy that parties 24/7. Even though somebody proved that my speed is PLASAUABLE. I dont have to explain it. By not this hole post is a moot point and an expression of how much free time WE all have. Also this is just stupid. I mean we proved that it can be done. well you guys did. ww2 brough the airstrip. mercedes provided the car. I added octain booster. my X gf brough the camra. what the hell ELES do you need!?
Old 06-21-2006, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by Derelique

LOL ROFL LMFAO. Nice dude Nice. But, I've made ENOUGH money to be comfortable. I'm a Child star in China. Personaly Not a big fan. I'm Also a Guy that parties 24/7. Even though somebody proved that my speed is PLASAUABLE. I dont have to explain it. By not this whole post is a moot point and an expression of how much free time WE all have. Also this is just stupid. I mean we proved that it can be done. well you guys did. ww2 brough the airstrip. mercedes provided the car. I added octain booster. my X gf brough the camra. what the hell ELES do you need!?
Old 06-21-2006, 04:32 PM

2006 SLK55 AMG/// 2006 Porsche CaymanS 2010 135i
Tommy I was so wrong for not believing you.

The President was in town so the entire expressway system out to the airport was closed for a 15 mile stretch.

I filled up the tank in my SLK55 with Red Bull, drove to the nearest entrance ramp, knocked down the barricades and floored it.... and the damn car went so fast I actually broke the speedo, I must have topped 220 before the secret service spiked my tires.....that's another story....
Old 06-21-2006, 05:54 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by Marktini
Tommy I was so wrong for not believing you.

The President was in town so the entire expressway system out to the airport was closed for a 15 mile stretch.

I filled up the tank in my SLK55 with Red Bull, drove to the nearest entrance ramp, knocked down the barricades and floored it.... and the damn car went so fast I actually broke the speedo, I must have topped 220 before the secret service spiked my tires.....that's another story....
Correct. No stock (or modded) SLK55 is going 197 MPH, they are limited to 155. My S7 is delimited to 300 KPH (186 MPH) but I'd never drive that fast anyway (not on the street anyway).

-Matt
Old 06-22-2006, 03:21 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by TommyGunn
LOL ROFL LMFAO. Nice dude Nice. But, I've made ENOUGH money to be comfortable. I'm a Child star in China. Personaly Not a big fan. I'm Also a Guy that parties 24/7. Even though somebody proved that my speed is PLASAUABLE. I dont have to explain it. By not this whole post is a moot point and an expression of how much free time WE all have. Also this is just stupid. I mean we proved that it can be done. well you guys did. ww2 brough the airstrip. mercedes provided the car. I added octain booster. my X gf brough the camra. what the hell ELES do you need!?
Dude, no one proved anything was plausible that you claimed (and you really believe octane booster increases your top speed?).

The only thing that was proved is that you could use the Microsoft Paint program to black out the KPH indicator.

The only part of anything you said that I believe is: "I am a Child..."
Old 06-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 SLK55 AMG
I had mine up to 245kph the other day and what was really wierd is; there was lots of throttle left so I punched it and it actually kicked down a gear; at 245???
Old 06-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 SLK 55 AMG
Additional information

Hello everyone,

I don't post on here very often, but I stay fairly caught up. I felt I could contribute to this topic a little.

I'm from Canada here, and I don't claim to know a lot about it, but last summer I took my '05 SLK 55 AMG on a road trip, down to Las Vegas, over to Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and back. During this trip I decided to open it up for a few minutes. As far as I know my dealer hasn't done any modifications to the car (taking off the limiter, etc.), however, after reading through this post I'm tempted to say that they must of. Therefore, assuming that is the case, the car was easily able to hit the 320 km/h mark on the spedometer, and I'm certain exceeded it to a certain extent as the vehicle was still accelerating.

I, of course, have no way to prove this, or any desire to. Take it for what it's worth, another piece of information from an outsider.

Take care!

Andrew
Old 06-23-2006, 06:54 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Interesting. Another datapoint confirming a 186+ top speed. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there are indeed some SLK55s out there that don't have the 155 mph (or 186 in my case) limiter on their cars. It just doesn't make ANY sense as the car is significantly underpowered to be travelling over about 175 mph (assuming the limiter is removed).

My guess is most people on this forum have better things to do than lie (I tend to trust people). I do , however, think maybe the speedos might be increasingly innaccurate as speed climbs.

-Matt

Originally Posted by AndrewM
Hello everyone,

I don't post on here very often, but I stay fairly caught up. I felt I could contribute to this topic a little.

I'm from Canada here, and I don't claim to know a lot about it, but last summer I took my '05 SLK 55 AMG on a road trip, down to Las Vegas, over to Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and back. During this trip I decided to open it up for a few minutes. As far as I know my dealer hasn't done any modifications to the car (taking off the limiter, etc.), however, after reading through this post I'm tempted to say that they must of. Therefore, assuming that is the case, the car was easily able to hit the 320 km/h mark on the spedometer, and I'm certain exceeded it to a certain extent as the vehicle was still accelerating.

I, of course, have no way to prove this, or any desire to. Take it for what it's worth, another piece of information from an outsider.

Take care!

Andrew
Old 06-23-2006, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
I've hit 180 mph before but didn't feel safe going faster. Car was still pulling, so I am not doubting that it could have hit higher speeds.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:50 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
I've 'only' hit 150mph before running out of room. The car was quite stable. This was done on a stretch of highway with no one in sight. It was early morning. There wasn't even opposite traffic.

I might have pushed further if to at least see what it is capable of doing. However, I don't think I'll ever find that much available room on the highway, and I'm not crazy enough to try that with others on the road.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:16 PM

2006 slk55 amg
Originally Posted by CDN-SLK55
I had mine up to 245kph the other day and what was really wierd is; there was lots of throttle left so I punched it and it actually kicked down a gear; at 245???

i have yet to take my car to that speed...hehe i am chicken!

i have seen you out and about on the roads though! gorgeous car! mine is the (so-far) only alabaster white amg in calgary.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:49 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
W205 AMG
Originally Posted by slk-bebe
i have yet to take my car to that speed...hehe i am chicken!

i have seen you out and about on the roads though! gorgeous car! mine is the (so-far) only alabaster white amg in calgary.
Someone I know had a SLK55 in Albaster White delievered at the end of May from Lone Star.