SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

What I really want

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2006 | 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
What I really want

Replace the damn lousy cup holders with a screen that has a bunch of gauges on it. Optimally it could fit maybe 3 gauges and have an alert message on the bottom. Would love to be able to see boost pressure etc and perhaps have an alert message for knock, pinging etc.

Is this even possible?
Old 07-06-2006 | 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

some
Originally Posted by Jesseliu
Replace the damn lousy cup holders with a screen that has a bunch of gauges on it. Optimally it could fit maybe 3 gauges and have an alert message on the bottom. Would love to be able to see boost pressure etc and perhaps have an alert message for knock, pinging etc.

Is this even possible?

yes.
Old 07-06-2006 | 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

some
oooo i just got the pm u sent me. i ment yes, anything is possible, check with the E55 guys on the boost thing, i know one of them has it,

mark
Old 07-07-2006 | 04:37 AM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
Originally Posted by Jesseliu

Is this even possible?

Yeah, I've been thinking something to put in place of the ashtray -- flip up the tirm cover to reveal a small LCD screen that would toggle to show all the guages MB left out -- boost/vacuum, oil pressure, oil temp, tranny temp, exhaust temp, fuel ratio, etc... AND would sound a alarm if anything gets outside of set parameters.

Is it possible?
Old 07-08-2006 | 11:34 PM

I miss gauges

oil pressure & temp gauges are MIA in the SLK 55
virtually every sports car I have owned had these
I appreciate the voltmeter available with the three reset button trick, but miss these other gauges
ideally there could be some sort of way for MB to engineer a patch in its central LCD display ...this should not be all that difficult to do
Old 07-08-2006 | 11:39 PM

I miss gauges

oil pressure & temp gauges are MIA in the SLK 55
virtually every sports car I have owned had these
I appreciate the voltmeter available with the three reset button trick, but miss these other gauges
ideally there could be some sort of way for MB to engineer a patch in its central LCD display ...this should not be all that difficult to do
this is a world class sports car & should have instrumentation appropriate