SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Questions about 07 Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 SL450
Question Questions about 07 Options

I was at the dealer yesterday, and there were several questions they could not answer about specific options/availability for MY07 SLK55's, even looking through the new brochure and reviewing their on-line order info. I was hoping folks here could answer, especially if you have an 07 already or have gone through the ordering process. Here's what couldn't be absolutely determined:

1) The Heating Package says "for SLK280 and 350 only", but there is an individual option for AIRSCARF for SLK55. What about heated seats? It's part of the Heating Package, but is not mentioned as an individual option. Dealer said they assume it is included, but could not verify. Also, I am getting the Designo Graphite package, and they did not know if that also clouded the picture regarding the heating package.

2) The Run-Flat Tire Package is not available for the 55. So does that mean there are no tire pressure sensors and the tires are not run-flat? Is there a spare, or do you take your chances with a flat tire?

3) The Lighting Package for the 55 does not include the corner-illuminating fog lamps (I guess because of the diferences in AMG front bumper). So do you pay the same just for the bi-xenons and the washers? Do the "non" bi-xenon (halogen) headlights have the same look?

Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bob
Old 08-05-2006, 08:16 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 slk55
Originally Posted by bob44
I was at the dealer yesterday, and there were several questions they could not answer about specific options/availability for MY07 SLK55's, even looking through the new brochure and reviewing their on-line order info. I was hoping folks here could answer, especially if you have an 07 already or have gone through the ordering process. Here's what couldn't be absolutely determined:

1) The Heating Package says "for SLK280 and 350 only", but there is an individual option for AIRSCARF for SLK55. What about heated seats? It's part of the Heating Package, but is not mentioned as an individual option. Dealer said they assume it is included, but could not verify. Also, I am getting the Designo Graphite package, and they did not know if that also clouded the picture regarding the heating package.

2) The Run-Flat Tire Package is not available for the 55. So does that mean there are no tire pressure sensors and the tires are not run-flat? Is there a spare, or do you take your chances with a flat tire?

3) The Lighting Package for the 55 does not include the corner-illuminating fog lamps (I guess because of the diferences in AMG front bumper). So do you pay the same just for the bi-xenons and the washers? Do the "non" bi-xenon (halogen) headlights have the same look?

Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bob
First, locations may offer different packages, so I'd recommend you update your profile.

In 2006, US slk55:

1) Standard with heated seats. Therefore, the only option pertaining to the seats is Airscarf

2) Not sure. I wouldn't want run flats anyways. There is a small spare in the trunk. I took mine out, I have road side assistance anyways, or I'll have my wife bring the spare to me in case of a blowout.

3) Cannot have cornering function due to the front spoiler design. You dont want this anyways cuz everyone will think one fog out is out! Lighting package basically gets you the BiXenon which looks cool and performs great. I highly recommend both Airscarf and BiXenon's as must have options.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 SL450
Thanks

dsb, thanks for the info. I passed on what you said, and the dealer has confirmed all.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:27 AM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 slk55
NP. You're going to love the car... but not so much the wait.