SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

My 2007 SLK55 PICS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2006 | 09:51 PM

OLD: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, NEW: 2007 SLK350
Originally Posted by shahedC
Thanks... I just picked up my new SLK today and I will post pics in my SLK thread.. more to come !

Will work on 360 views and put up on BenzFanz.com this weekend...
FYI, I already mentioned in another thread, but just wanted to respond to my post here, which was in response to blackbenz's post...

The 360 view is up, with 16 shots (could be better), and there's a link in my sig !

Here's an animated GIF version:
Old 11-22-2006 | 08:29 PM

2007 SLK55 AMG, '02 BMW M3, '01 AUDI S4
thankssss guys!
Old 01-03-2007 | 11:13 AM

2006 MERCEDES WHITE R230 SL500
your car is looking really good lil nora with the clear front turn signals!!!!!

i think your car would look real HOTTTTTTTTT if you got black wheels, plus we could be big bro and lil sis!!!!!

good luck modding your car and keep up the good work!!!!!
Old 01-03-2007 | 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by jbigelow

i think your car would look real HOTTTTTTTTT if you got black wheels, plus we could be big bro and lil sis!!!!!

Sick wheels...
Old 01-05-2007 | 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by jbigelow

i'm getting black wheels... looking for some HRE's as we speak.. we could be big bro, lil sis... but i already have a real life big brother from with a modded white m3... haha but i'll keep u in mind
Old 01-05-2007 | 09:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Either get gold wheels or black wheels (HRE 542). I ordered gold DPE's for the 55
Old 01-05-2007 | 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Either get gold wheels or black wheels (HRE 542). I ordered gold DPE's for the 55
ahmaddd i hate gold.. mm black wheels i'm thinking HRE 547 hahaha i'm going to DC last weekend of this month, no excuses this time.

Last edited by lilnora; 01-05-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-05-2007 | 10:09 AM

2006 MERCEDES WHITE R230 SL500
Originally Posted by lilnora
i'm getting black wheels... looking for some HRE's as we speak.. we could be big bro, lil sis... but i already have a real life big brother from with a modded white m3... haha but i'll keep u in mind
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IICE!!!!!!!! HRE's are a good choice!!!!!! especially black wheels on a white car!!!!!

keep up the good work modding and can't wait to see the final lilnora slk55 outcome!!!!

your MERCEDES roadster big bro,
john
Old 01-05-2007 | 07:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by lilnora
ahmaddd i hate gold.. mm black wheels i'm thinking HRE 547 hahaha i'm going to DC last weekend of this month, no excuses this time.
Dont hate!
Old 01-06-2007 | 04:47 AM

nice car!!! stunning!

just one question to clarify...
does the flappy paddle gearbox gearchange (7G) got any lag when you pull the paddle??
Old 01-09-2007 | 12:23 PM

2006 Brabus B55 (Brabus Modified SLK55)
Your car is very nice. But is looks like all stock equipment and stuff available as options from the factory. Have you done any real aftermarket work? Has your engine been modified? If so, what have you done and who did the work? Brabus North America did a lot of work on my car - wheels, cosmetic and engine stuff. Took it up to 420 hp. Have you had similar mods?

Don't get me wrong here. I think your car is great. But I am not aware of a car show that gives first place awards to a stock SLK55. The shows I have attended in Southern California don't give many points for stock parts and/or performance. Was there a cash or merchandise prize with your awards? Just curious.

And I'm not sure - given the less than masculine reputation of our beloved vehicle class - that any of us guys should be too amped about her winning "best female ride." Congrats on taking home the hardware regardless.

I really like your carbon fiber accents. I had Brabus do the same exact thing but with the light CF. The accents match my CF roadster bars too. Also, I would "just say no" to black wheels. I think your car looks classy as it is.

Good luck with the car.
Attached Thumbnails My 2007 SLK55 PICS-brabus_3-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Beleriand; 01-09-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-09-2007 | 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Beleriand
Your car is very nice. But is looks like all stock equipment and stuff available as options from the factory. Have you done any real aftermarket work? Has your engine been modified? If so, what have you done and who did the work? Brabus North America did a lot of work on my car - wheels, cosmetic and engine stuff. Took it up to 420 hp. Have you had similar mods?

Don't get me wrong here. I think your car is great. But I am not aware of a car show that gives first place awards to a stock SLK55. The shows I have attended in Southern California don't give many points for stock parts and/or performance. Was there a cash or merchandise prize with your awards? Just curious.

And I'm not sure - given the less than masculine reputation of our beloved vehicle class - that any of us guys should be too amped about her winning "best female ride." Congrats on taking home the hardware regardless.

I really like your carbon fiber accents. I had Brabus do the same exact thing but with the light CF. Also, I would "just say no" to black wheels. I think your car looks classy as it is.

Good luck with the car.

no offense, but besides those lambo doors and brabus wheels, what have you done to your car? Why put B55 on the back if you dont even have a Brabus Kit? Just Curious.

By the way, I think her white stock car looks way cleaner than yours, with the 030 package. But then again, thats just my opinion, and we all know that opinions are like *******s, everyone has one
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
no offense, but besides those lambo doors and brabus wheels, what have you done to your car? Why put B55 on the back if you dont even have a Brabus Kit? Just Curious.

By the way, I think her white stock car looks way cleaner than yours, with the 030 package. But then again, thats just my opinion, and we all know that opinions are like *******s, everyone has one
Whoa there brother. I'm not sure if you've been listening, but I have every modification that Brabus offers on the SLK - including the B55 engine performance modifications. My car is featured in the SLK section of the BRABUS website, has been featured in several Brabus print ads and is currently featured in a Best Life Magazine article about Brabus and CEC. Claus Ettensberger himself - owner of Brabus - asked that I provide my car for the article. I think that qualifies me to have the Brabus badge on my car.

So what do you mean by a "Brabus Kit"? Here is a list of my modifications:

BRABUS MONOBLOCK S LIGHT ALLOY WHEELS
19 x 8.5 ET 50
19 x 9.5 ET 50

BRABUS B55 S PERFORMANCE UPGRADE
420 HP
533 Nm

BRABUS ALCANTARA INTERIOR UPGRADE, STAGE I
With Carbon Fiber Accents

BRABUS ALCANTARA SPORT STEERING WHEEL with F1 PADDLE SHIFT

BRABUS ROADSTER BARS
Fully Stainless Steel
Gloss Polished with Carbon Fiber

BRABUS ILLUMINATED GEAR SHIFT KNOB
Alcantara and Aluminum

BRABUS ILLUMINATED ENTRANCE PANELS

BRABUS DOORLOCK PINS

BRABUS SL-TYPE RADIO ANTENNA

VERTICAL DOORS by VERTICAL DOORS, INC.

Does that qualify?????? Oh, and if you would like to see my new beige leather piped custom Brabus floor mats, I can picture them as well.

And if you live in the OC, haven't you seen my car at the Crystal Cove or Cars & Coffee car meets???

Sounds like you are in a bit over your head chief.
Attached Thumbnails My 2007 SLK55 PICS-b559-medium-.jpg   My 2007 SLK55 PICS-b5511-medium-.jpg   My 2007 SLK55 PICS-b5521-medium-.jpg   My 2007 SLK55 PICS-b5523-medium-.jpg   My 2007 SLK55 PICS-b5525-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Beleriand; 01-09-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:12 PM

Oh, and lest I forget . . . .
Attached Thumbnails My 2007 SLK55 PICS-b55engine-medium-.jpg  
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whoa there brother. I'm not sure if you've been listening, but I have every modification that Brabus offers on the SLK - including the B55 engine performance modifications. My car is featured in the SLK section of the BRABUS website, is the template car for their print ads and is currently featured in a Best Life Magazine article about Brabus and CEC. Claus Ettensberger himself - owner of Brabus - asked that I provide my car for the article. I think that qualifies me to have the Brabus badge on my car.

So what do you mean by a "Brabus Kit"? Here is a list of my modifications:

BRABUS MONOBLOCK S LIGHT ALLOY WHEELS
19 x 8.5 ET 50
19 x 9.5 ET 50

BRABUS B55 S PERFORMANCE UPGRADE
420 HP
533 Nm

BRABUS ALCANTARA INTERIOR UPGRADE, STAGE I
With Carbon Fiber Accents

BRABUS ALCANTARA SPORT STEERING WHEEL with F1 PADDLE SHIFT

BRABUS ROADSTER BARS
Fully Stainless Steel
Gloss Polished with Carbon Fiber

BRABUS ILLUMINATED GEAR SHIFT KNOB
Alcantara and Aluminum

BRABUS ILLUMINATED ENTRANCE PANELS

BRABUS DOORLOCK PINS

BRABUS SL-TYPE RADIO ANTENNA

VERTICAL DOORS by VERTICAL DOORS, INC.

Does that qualify??????

And if you live in the OC, haven't you seen my car at the Crystal Cove or Cars & Coffee car meets?

Sounds like you are in a bit over your head.
Like I said Opinions are like aholes, everyone has one.
Claus Ettensberger Doesnt OWN Brabus, He is the North American Distributor
All the Mods you have are real nice, I just think the Vertical Doors are unneccessary, and a bit tacky.
I was reffering to the Brabus Body Kit.
Overall, I think your car is OK, Given the choice, I'd take the white one!
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
Berliend how come your Brabus B55 basis on SLK55 AMG has 420hp and in the Brabus website it lists as 390 hp / 286 kW.

Just an assumption does this mean 420 crank hp and 390whp?
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:23 PM

Like I said Opinions are like aholes, everyone has one.
Claus Ettensberger Doesnt OWN Brabus, He is the North American Distributor
All the Mods you have are real nice, I just think the Vertical Doors are unneccessary, and a bit tacky.
I was reffering to the Brabus Body Kit.
Overall, I think your car is OK, Given the choice, I'd take the white one!
No. What I have stated to you are facts - not opinions.

You talked out of your *** and claimed I didn't have a "Brabus Kit" (whatever the hell that is). I simply corrected you. Not that I want to make correcting you a habit, but here is one more: Claus Ettensberger certainly does own Brabus NA. He owns CEC (Claus Ettensberger Corporation) which OWNS Brabus. He purchased Brabus from Bodo Buschmann. I see Claus about once a week and know him a bit better than you. He is certainly more than a "distributor."

You are just a little out of your league here my friend.

But just in case you don't trust me, here is a recent article in Road & Track about Brabus. Note the final paragraph:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=4416

In case you don't want to read it, it says the following in the final paragraph:

"Brabus opened up shop in the States several years ago, and recently named Claus Ettensberger of CEC fame (Claus Ettensberger Corporation) as Brabus North America’s president and majority partner."

AND, from the CEC website itself:

http://www.cecwheels.com/articles/951,1.html

I think that the picture of Claus and Bodo shaking hands over the deal is particularly poinent.

OUCH!

But if you don't trust me, give him a call at (949) 797-0177 and ask him yourself.

Besides, why are you even interested in the SLK? You spent your hard earned cash on something exotic - an ML.

Originally Posted by alroumi
Berliend how come your Brabus B55 basis on SLK55 AMG has 420hp and in the Brabus website it lists as 390 hp / 286 kW.

Just an assumption does this mean 420 crank hp and 390whp?
Good catch alroumi. The original B55 performance kit takes the HP up to 392 hp. I have since had some additional work done to push it to 420 hp. The additional mods are something that Brabus is developing for the SLK line. But they have not made it available to the general public yet. I have been sworn to secrecy by Claus and Peter Moeller (Brabus's Head Technician) regarding them. Suffice it to say, it is awesome and will be available soon.

Also, will you set the guy above straight regarding my credentials with Brabus. He just doesn't seem to get it.

Take care.

Last edited by Beleriand; 01-09-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
Berliend my friend, I hope we know whats coming up from Brabus and you are agood sport, Really helpful.
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No. What I have stated to you are facts. You stuck your foot in your mouth and claimed I didn't have a "Brabus Kit." AND, Claus Ettensberger certainly does own Brabus. He owns CEC which OWNS Brabus. I see Claus about once a week. But just in case you don't trust me, here is a recent article in Road & Track about Brabus. Note the final paragraph:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=4416

In case you don't want to read it, it says the following:

"Brabus opened up shop in the States several years ago, and recently named Claus Ettensberger of CEC fame (Claus Ettensberger Corporation) as Brabus North America’s president and majority partner."

OUCH!

Thats all fine and dandy
youre getting all worked up for no reason
remember, this thread is about an 07 slk55 that a girl just bought
Based on the pictures, including the ones you just posted, I still like hers better.

By the way, you spend all this time fixing your car up, and you still have orange Blinkers in the front
I think You should get the color matched ones. the car looks a lot cleaner that way.

for me personally, Overall, your car looks great, I give credit where credit is due. You actually have the engine, which most dont. the vertical doors ruined it for me though. Thats something I would expect to see on a Civic, not a Brabus Car.
Old 01-09-2007 | 01:59 PM

Thats all fine and dandy
youre getting all worked up for no reason
remember, this thread is about an 07 slk55 that a girl just bought
Based on the pictures, including the ones you just posted, I still like hers better.

By the way, you spend all this time fixing your car up, and you still have orange Blinkers in the front
I think You should get the color matched ones. the car looks a lot cleaner that way.

for me personally, Overall, your car looks great, I give credit where credit is due. You actually have the engine, which most dont. the vertical doors ruined it for me though. Thats something I would expect to see on a Civic, not a Brabus Car.

I get worked up when people who don't know sh*t come in here and talk like they know everything. You got all critical of me simply because I asked lil nora what modifications she has. Then you claim I don't have a "Brabus Kit" - whatever that is. Then you claim that my personal friend Claus doesn't own Brabus. All I did was correct you.

As far as not liking my vertical doors and favoring lil nora's SLK over mine, that's cool. To each his own. But when you start hurling around erroneous facts and accusations, I will always stand up for myself.

Speaking of opinions, I think white side markers look out of place on a mars red SLK - and the techs at Brabus agreed. It was a conscious decision. Why don't you get them on your ML63 and then post pics of your ride. I would like to see it. Because, to be honest with you, most people who come in here and talk sh*t like you do don't even own an MB - let alone a heavily modified one.

I like all of the new 6.3 AMG engines - including the ML. A friend of mine has a CLS63 - the rarest of the new models. It is really awesome. He is taking it to Brabus to get the full "Rocket" performance kit put on it.

Last edited by Beleriand; 01-09-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:05 PM

12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
Speaking of opinions, I think white side markers look stupid with a mars red SLK - and the techs at Brabus agreed.[/QUOTE]

consider painting the side markers red and just eliminating them?

p.s> good to see your fiery self back....you have been MIA for a bit
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
Beleriend, CLS63 with Whole Rocket upgrade do you mean the 218mp engine conversion with Bi Turbo's ? Is that available on the 63 , I thought that was only aoffered on the Old 3 Valve 306hp 500 engine.

When the CLS63 is transformed into the Brabus rocket and done, If you dont mind posting pictures of it.
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by LETO
Speaking of opinions, I think white side markers look stupid with a mars red SLK - and the techs at Brabus agreed.
consider painting the side markers red and just eliminating them?

p.s> good to see your fiery self back....you have been MIA for a bit[/QUOTE]

I have thought about that. I always say I am done modifiying the car - but I always seem to find something else to do. Perhaps that will be next.

Thanks Leto. It is good to hear from you again as well. If I got carried away in my posts I apologize. I have been really busy lately. I still lurk in the forums. I hope you have been well.

Take care.
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I get worked up when people who don't know sh*t come in here and talk like they know everything. You got all critical of me because I asked lil nora what modifications she has. Then you claim I don't have a Brabus kit. Then you claim that my personal friend Claus doesn't own Brabus. All I did was correct you.

As far as not liking my vertical doors and favoring lil nora's SLK over mine, that's cool. To each his own. But when you start hurling around erroneous facts and accusations, I will always stand up for myself.

Speaking of opinions, I think white side markers look out of place on a mars red SLK - and the techs at Brabus agreed. It was a conscious decision. Why don't you get them on your ML63 and then post pics of your ride. I would like to see it. Because, to be honest with you, most people who come in here and talk sh*t like you do don't even own an MB - let alone a heavily modified one.

I like all of the new 6.3 AMG engines - including the ML. A friend of mine has one a CLS63 - the rarest of the new models. It is really awesome. He is taking it to Brabus to get the full "Rocket" performance kit put on it.
My Brother has a CLS 63. Great Car, but not the rarest, I believe the rarest of the 63s currently happens to be the R63. Which I dont care for so much

I never said white side Markers, I was referring to Red, Same color as your car. It would look much better.

By the way, Ive been a fan of Brabus since 96, I really do own a ML63,
Its in this thread. https://mbworld.org/forums/ml55-amg-ml63-amg-w163-w164/168957-ml63-pics.html
Claus use to be the Sole Distributor for Lorinser in North America, It doesnt mean that he owned Lorinser, Just had a big say-so in the company, until they pulled the plug, which Brabus can also do anytime they please.

My car is bone stock right now, Brabus doesnt currently offer much for it, except for a body kit, which I think looks worse than the kit that comes on the 63.

And if you remember, the first two words I wrote were, No Offense
so Happy Motoring and Im sure Ill probably see you around somewhere.
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:29 PM

Blue Monster,

It's cool man. I am sure you are legit. If you do see me around, let's chat.

Take care,

Beleriand

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2007 SLK55 PICS