SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

V12 Twin Turbo in SLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read sig
Are you a member of any other message boards? Perhaps F-Chat or 6speedonline?
Old 10-20-2006, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by SLKV12TT
Anyone have any experience with carbon fiber driveshafts? From what I've seen thus far they are lighter and stronger than the aluminum shafts and when they give they do so in a very safe manner. I don't see CV joint options for them though, only U-joints.
I have carbon fiber driveshaft for my Camaro and have had no trouble with it. While my engine pic was obviously a spoof, here is a pic of the cf 'shaft next to the chrome moly shaft it replaced.
carbon fiber driveshaft

The cf shaft is about half the weight of the steel shaft. It's longer because I replaced a GM 12-bolt rear end in the car with a Ford 9" at the same time as the driveshaft change. So far it has stood up to drag strip launches that pull the front wheels off the ground, so I think it will survive a big engine in an SLK.

To support the genuineosity of the pic, note the Acceleronics banner on the windshield, then compare that the to mag cover copy taped to the fender cover, then surf to acceleronics.com to see that this car is mine.

Not that you care...
Old 10-21-2006, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
For the remaning doubters: Two pics are by Fox Tower in Century City (note the common grass/surroundings/red marked sidewalks), one pic is in parking lot for Howard Hughes IMAX off the 405 freeway. Last pic is off Topanga Canyon. Motor w/v12 seat to side is in one of my garages.
I really dont care about your small Italian toys. We are talking about an SLK and a V12. Need to see some engineering and assembly going on.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:40 AM

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by Derelique
shani,

haha....unreal...you are so blind to sarcasm that i cant help but question the size of your brain.....so to go along with your pathetically up tight attitude, you are also a fool. Let me try to explain something to u.....when i say i never insult someone and then in the same sentence call them a retard its not an accident, its intentional and im not being serious. Please tie the tubes ASAP because now im really scared......before i just figured youd bring up tight snobs into the world but now i know they will be up tight moronic snobs.....that sweat stuff is a very scary combo.
Amusing of you to call me an uptight snob when you know absolutely nothing about me or my life. I may just as well be a stand up comedian with a 6 kid family for all you care. But whatever gets your socks off.

Do note the winky smilie I added later in my previous post. I think it's you who has trouble being able to separate sarcasm from opinion

As much as I'd like to believe that all MB owners have a little tact to not act childish like you've done in this thread (and several others), it's just too much asked. In all honesty, your jokes ran dry. How hard is it for you accept this fact? The first time was a laugh as noted by Ynot, but you need to step back a bit and come up with something original every now and then if you want to keep it clean. Your jokes went into the territory rudeness when you began name calling.

You're taking all of this waaaaay too personally. Maybe the internet just isn't for the likes of you if it gets you so worked out

p.s. I feel I need to reply to this one little gem you posted:
and with dopes like shinigami who get all excited about your bs projects
The real reason I told you to chill down earlier on, was so that the discussion about this modification could be kept to the topic. It really doesn't matter if this guy is for real and I'd just like to point out that I was one of the people that were quite reserved in this topic regarding the possibility of this modification.

I only mentioned facts that I am aware of. Things such as the stress on the gearbox, cooling requirements on the larger MB engines and having the benefit of the doubt (after all, the SLR engine in an SLK is for real). You however veered the topic right off track.

Yes, this could be a hoax, yes I too would like to see some proper pics, but this "need" to insult people and making a moron out of yourself because you don't believe or want to believe or even care for this whole project could be left to just a single message of disbelief in the modification.

But go ahead and call me some more names if it makes you feel better. I'd rather see the topic keep on track. Even if V12TT is not for real, at least it keeps an interesting discussion going about engine and car stuff. At least for me, I find that a lot more interesting then having to call out a member for bluff (and doing this by going to the extremes you did).

Last edited by Shinigami; 10-21-2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Shinigami

But go ahead and call me some more names if it makes you feel better. I'd rather see the topic keep on track. Even if V12TT is not for real, at least it keeps an interesting discussion going about engine and car stuff.
Anything is better than that waste of electrons called "TOW"
Old 10-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

IN cali don't u need a fron license plate?

HOw big of an engine do you think you can actualy fit in a SLK? Something maybe bigger then the V-12 you want to put in right now? just curious
Old 10-21-2006, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by harpz
IN cali don't u need a fron license plate?

HOw big of an engine do you think you can actualy fit in a SLK? Something maybe bigger then the V-12 you want to put in right now? just curious
The law does say you need one. But you would really have to catch an Ahole cop to get ya for that.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Well, for those who live in the Beverly Hills area they may have seen my silver 512TR or 358 as I drive them daily (the 355 scream from a 308 is unmistakeable).

Thanks for the tip for hopracing.com. I'll check into it, particularly as they're down here in SoCal (Huntington Beach), probably not far from Stoptech.

Anyone have any experience with carbon fiber driveshafts? From what I've seen thus far they are lighter and stronger than the aluminum shafts and when they give they do so in a very safe manner. I don't see CV joint options for them though, only U-joints.
Advanced Composite Products and Technology makes them; also located in Huntington Beach. Stoptech is located in Torrance.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by pshek
Advanced Composite Products and Technology makes them; also located in Huntington Beach. Stoptech is located in Torrance.
ACPT made mine.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:46 PM

SLK55 AMG
shinigami,

I think somebodys jealous of Pam, Halle and Lindsey......I promise to include u in my next garage pic.

Last edited by Derelique; 10-24-2006 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:05 PM

SLK 55 AMG
Sounds a cool idea SLKV12TT, even if you don't have any of the bits it's cool to talk about the idea, thats what these things are for. and if you are actually fitting it all together it'll be awesome to see the results. I wouldn't waste the effort typing replies to some people. most will enjoy the conversation and those with nothing better to do will go back to an m3 forum. keep us updated.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:42 AM

SLK55 AMG
yeah....thanks slkv12tt.....thanks for making up a bunch of bull$**** and lying to everyone on the forum just to get attention....i sincerely thank you.

Easty....isnt slkv12tt a great guy? Slkv12tt is a true humanitarian and i cant help but hope some day he runs for president.

I want to apologize to everyone....u see...i was wrong.

Before i came on this board i thought people who made up stories just to get attention were bad.....hell, i was so misguided i even thought lying was bad.

Well i have learned a valuable lesson from u all...i have learned that it doesnt matter if your telling the truth...it doesnt even matter that people spend time trying to help you with research on a project that doesnt exist....all that matters is you interest a group of gullible fools...Lie or not, people just want to be interested. Here i was more interested in exposing a fraud, when all this time i should have been embracing him. Thank u all for setting me straight.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:34 PM

SLK 55 AMG
I dont do politics, religeous stuff or am an american. so unless your talking AMG's i'm not sure what ever you speak will interest me. maybe it's just a north south cali thing you dont like?
Old 10-24-2006, 03:59 PM

Looking for a new toy.
Derelique, honestly man you're taking all this WAY too seriously! It IS the internet - it's to be taken with a grain of salt. If this guy is fake and can't prove otherwise, no big deal - it's soon readily apparant to everyone whether the proof is in the pudding or not. Let him make a fool of himself and lose all credibility...or not. With all due respect, just don't be putting yourself in the same position.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:54 PM

SLK55 AMG
"If this guy is fake and can't prove otherwise, no big deal - it's soon readily apparant to everyone"

This thread was started over a month ago....so clearly your "Readily apparant to everyone" is very untrue.

by the way....what i say too should be taken with a grain of salt....I kid, I kid....but, it really does baffle me that more people dont flame this chump for his obvious lyes.

and to prove how much i joke ill let u all in on a lil secret....
Shinigami and I have been dating for 2 months now....sorry baby, your just too wonderful to keep secret.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:02 PM

Looking for a new toy.
...but, it really does baffle me that more people dont flame this chump for his obvious lyes...
Like I said, most don't take it that seriously.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:26 PM

SLK55 AMG
yet they ask him a million questions and do research for him.

Ill say what i want....i like to make fun of liars.....actually i enjoy making fun of people in general and when they lie i feel no guilt....so u see, its not about being serious, it about doing something i enjoy and in this case to someone who deserves it.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
yet they ask him a million questions and do research for him.

Ill say what i want....i like to make fun of liars.....actually i enjoy making fun of people in general and when they lie i feel no guilt....so u see, its not about being serious, it about doing something i enjoy and in this case to someone who deserves it.
I saw zoolander .... I know where this thread is heading.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:28 PM

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by benzmodz
I saw zoolander .... I know where this thread is heading.
oh its in the PC!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I'll give you one guess where this thread is heading if you all don't play nice, especially Derilique.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:20 AM

SLK55 AMG
one guess huh?

Ill make a guess....is it heading to slkv12tt's garage located on gum drop lane?

Because i sure hope so....i here the street lights are made if liquorish and im awfully hungry.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Almost a Member!

SLK55 black, heads, cam and tune
My daily driver is the 512TR Ferrari which I alternate with the 358 Ferrari.

Thanks for any help the informed may provide.
Ah the only informed help you need at this stage is that Ferrari never built a 358, wakey wakey hands of snakey
Old 10-28-2006, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by John Long 55
Ah the only informed help you need at this stage is that Ferrari never built a 358, wakey wakey hands of snakey
You're not a very good reader are you?
Presently in my garage is a Ferrari 512TR, a 2600 pound Ferrari 308 with a Ferrari 355 drivetrain/suspension/etc, ...
Although his pics of his cars aren't necessarily convincing, I wouldn't call BS just yet. I remember how many know-it-all's tried to dismiss the pics of a SLR engine fitted into an SLK by calling it everything but real. The only good thing that came from that thread was the sound of crickets after they were all proven wrong.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Almost a Member!

SLK55 black, heads, cam and tune
Originally Posted by NY C32
You're not a very good reader are you?

Although his pics of his cars aren't necessarily convincing, I wouldn't call BS just yet. I remember how many know-it-all's tried to dismiss the pics of a SLR engine fitted into an SLK by calling it everything but real. The only good thing that came from that thread was the sound of crickets after they were all proven wrong.

True i did not read thru the many pages of crud. Very pleased that you did and thank you.

You seam like a nice trusting guy, you have my vote for the next pope
Old 10-30-2006, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by John Long 55
True i did not read thru the many pages of crud. Very pleased that you did and thank you.

You seam like a nice trusting guy, you have my vote for the next pope
Gee thanks, but I'm only up for Cardinal this year

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V12 Twin Turbo in SLK