SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

INFO: Which Brembo Kits fit the SLK55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INFO: Which Brembo Kits fit the SLK55?

Hey guys,
Lately there is a lot of talk on the forums about Brembo kits, what fits each specific model, how much it costs, etc.

As your top source for Brembo, we wanted to post up the kits that fit your car, and give you guys some links to our website, so that you can see that there are actually some affordable options, in addition to the larger systems.

The kits that fit your SLK55 are as follows:

380mm 6 Piston Front

345mm 4 Piston Rear

These kits are all optimized and designed by Brembo Engineers to decrease unsprung weight, reduce brake fade, and decrease stopping distance by 20-30 Percent when used with the proper tires. These braking systems are perfect for use on and off the track!

For more information:

-Visit www.JleviSW.com by clicking the links above
-Call our toll free number, 1.888.JLEVISW
-Email sales@jlevisw.com
-Send an IM to "Jlevi SW" or "Nick at JSW"

Thanks for reading!
JL
Old 12-22-2006, 01:31 PM

2006 Brabus B55 (Brabus Modified SLK55)
Aren't AMG Brakes Made By Brembo Already?

A few months ago I was at an event at Brabus in Newport Beach. A high level representative from nearly every after-market part company on the planet was there. I am good friends with the staff at Brabus NA and Claus Ettensberger - the owner. I spoke to the Brembo regional representative there about getting a performance brake upgrade for my SLK55. He told me that Brembo actually makes AMG brakes and that the only option he could offer me that would provide a significant performance increase would be a ceramic option - at around $16,000 - that he would have to custom make.

Please clarify whether Brembo makes AMG brakes and whether your options would provide any significant improvements over the stock AMG brakes. A detailed comparison of the stock AMG brakes on the SLK55 and your offerings would also be much appreciated.

Someone is not giving accurate information - I'm not saying who (either you or the Brembo rep I spoke to). I nearly went with the ceramic option he offerred but got cold feet when he couldn't come up with specifics.

Thanks.

Last edited by Beleriand; 12-22-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:03 PM

Sir,
While I'm certainly not a brembo representative, my understanding is that they do not make a kit for a car unless they can guarantee performance upgrades.

This may come in the form of better ventilation, better stopping distance, or reduced brake fade.

Yes, Brembo makes the AMG brakes for most cars.

I can pretty much gaurantee a better brake feel and better performance - as well as significantly enhanced aesthetic appeal and show points - from a brembo system. If they didn't feel that their system was superior the brakes that came OE on your car, they would not offer it! With a 380mm disc and 6 powerful pistons (brembos most powerful braking system ever... even stronger than their 8 piston), you can bank on having better stopping power and less brake fade, assuming you've got performance tires.

JL
Old 12-22-2006, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Yes, the AMG brakes are made by brembo, basically the same thing, bill's site has a diagram of the slk with different vendors making parts for the slk. http://www.billsden.org/mercedes/slk/
Old 12-23-2006, 02:16 AM

2006 Brabus B55 (Brabus Modified SLK55)
Originally Posted by Jon@Jlevi SW
Sir,
While I'm certainly not a brembo representative, my understanding is that they do not make a kit for a car unless they can guarantee performance upgrades.

This may come in the form of better ventilation, better stopping distance, or reduced brake fade.

Yes, Brembo makes the AMG brakes for most cars.

I can pretty much gaurantee a better brake feel and better performance - as well as significantly enhanced aesthetic appeal and show points - from a brembo system. If they didn't feel that their system was superior the brakes that came OE on your car, they would not offer it! With a 380mm disc and 6 powerful pistons (brembos most powerful braking system ever... even stronger than their 8 piston), you can bank on having better stopping power and less brake fade, assuming you've got performance tires.

JL
Thanks for your response. But it fails to really answer my question. I suppose I am one of those people that doesn't beleive someone just because they say it is so. In fact, the Brembo representative that I spoke to said he had nothing to offer me that would be an improvement over the stock SLK55 AMG without going to ceramic brakes at a prohibitive cost. He told me that the stock SLK55 AMG brakes are 6 piston and the best of breed for Brembo's non-ceramic offerings. I suppose that Brembo could paint my calipers and print "Brembo" on them for a couple grand. But that isn't going to improve performance.

Do you have anything that demonstrates that the Brembo offerings you mention are technically superior to what comes stock on the SLK55 AMG other than Brembo's word???

Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:15 AM

It's unfortunate, but Brembo doesn't provide performance specs on their kits
JL