Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
86 Nissan Sentra
can I trust ebay motor?

I want to bid on this car:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...ayphotohosting

It's in NY and I live in CA. The price sounds too good to be true, but I think it's a good deal.

I just want to know how everyone felt about getting a car thay have not seen or inspected.

Would car history show any repair damage within a dealership?

Thanks again in advance.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
The price has a reserve, plan on the dealership not loosing money on the deal.

They have no feedback, not good, but maybe not bad.

It's a brand new vehicle, from a dealership, so it should be okay. Ifin your interested, give 'em a call and check it out prior to bidding.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:09 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Stop!

Stop and go look/search on the other forums (think it was benzworld), a complete HORROR story on buying an ebay car sight unseen from a VERY "reputable" (i.e. had many sales and great feedback) dealer.

Completely f'd the guy. He's had his lawyer involved, he's petitioned/complained to EBAY (and they rejected him).

NET NET is, a LOT of stuff (quadzillions!) is sold EBAY, the VAST majority of the transactions go fine, but NOT 100%.

Then once you get in a situation you will find that NONE of the "protection" processes that EBAY has, will protect you, it's about the almighty $, and the processes ALWAYS protect the seller (please, no one try and argue the point, it really is the way it is, regardless of what you have read). Even the famous Feedback process (positive and negative) can be "corrected" by the seller and have negative feedback removed via an appeals process to EBAY.

Again, go find the saga on one of our poor bretheren.

In closing..... Rules for EBAY (and even life in general )

1. If it is "too good to be true" (i.e. not just a good deal, but really just doesn't seem to be possilbe), THEN IT'S NOT TRUE

2. If you are going to by ANYTHING on EBAY sight unseen, then NEVER risk more money then you are willing to shrug off with a "learned something that time" attitude.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by bloflin
Stop and go look/search on the other forums (think it was benzworld), a complete HORROR story on buying an ebay car sight unseen from a VERY "reputable" (i.e. had many sales and great feedback) dealer.

Completely f'd the guy. He's had his lawyer involved, he's petitioned/complained to EBAY (and they rejected him).

NET NET is, a LOT of stuff (quadzillions!) is sold EBAY, the VAST majority of the transactions go fine, but NOT 100%.

Then once you get in a situation you will find that NONE of the "protection" processes that EBAY has, will protect you, it's about the almighty $, and the processes ALWAYS protect the seller (please, no one try and argue the point, it really is the way it is, regardless of what you have read). Even the famous Feedback process (positive and negative) can be "corrected" by the seller and have negative feedback removed via an appeals process to EBAY.

Again, go find the saga on one of our poor bretheren.

In closing..... Rules for EBAY (and even life in general )

1. If it is "too good to be true" (i.e. not just a good deal, but really just doesn't seem to be possilbe), THEN IT'S NOT TRUE

2. If you are going to by ANYTHING on EBAY sight unseen, then NEVER risk more money then you are willing to shrug off with a "learned something that time" attitude.
I purchased my car from Ebay! Owned it since 2k4 and I love it. I also purchased my 5.5L motor from ebay no probs. I got the car from someone locally and got the 5.5L motor from a salvage yard in Miami. Sometimes you can have good fortune but the seller on ebay was local so I was able to chk the merchandise locally. The engine I just took a chance. Love it so far.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
If it is "too good to be true" (i.e. not just a good deal, but really just doesn't seem to be possilbe), THEN IT'S NOT TRUE
What is too good to be true in the ad?
Old 01-05-2007, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK

Ecu_pirates, just remember his name, he got screwed big time, he didn't checked the car out before purchased as the car was located in a different state then where he resides, he brought it base on pics and feedback.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Not for nothing , but if you're going to spend $48k on a car ( current bid ) and you win it...what is another $300.00-$400.00 for a ticket to fly out and hammer the details out in person to make sure you're getting what you pay for.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Looks like he had it somewhat sorted out.

Originally Posted by ecu pirate
update for those interested. I will be receiving a check for nearly $10,000 from ebay's vehicle purchase protection program this week. we will then sell the car either through local auction or possible ebay....but we will of course disclose the damage.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:41 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by wingless
What is too good to be true in the ad?
The part you clipped was my "Rules for Ebay", not specific to that (or any) ad.