Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
Storing my 55 for the Summer Vacation

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to say that I will be Travelling to Nice,France this Friday for my summer holiday. I have really enjoyed my time here and its a pleasure chatting with you fellow slk owners.

I have done a pretty good schedule as I will be passing Monte Carlo , St.Tropez , San Remo and Porto Fino.

Hopefully I will be back by the 30th of August but lately I have just completly detailed my SLK's Exterior and Interior and now not only that it feels like new but smells as If its just out of the showroom.

In addition to the detail, I have just purchased some dust cover to store my car for 1-2 months so it still looks clean when I come back. However, the dealer cheated on me and gave me a car cover for the CL W216 if I am not mistaken and that wasnt a problem as I had cut a 1cm hole for the antenna so it doesnt gets bent.

Now here are some pictures for you to see.

Antenna with the hole that I've done

Back to Showroom condition

[img=http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3100/spa0066ke7.jpg][/IMG
Old 07-16-2007, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cee Fiddy Five
It's a beauty!

I'm surprised the CL cover would fit the tiny SLK. You should think of changing the stock antenea to the SL one when you get back.

Did you do anything special to store it? I'm going to school soon, and my C55 will only be driven once every month or so when I come back (to get laundry! )
Old 07-16-2007, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
It's a beauty!

I'm surprised the CL cover would fit the tiny SLK. You should think of changing the stock antenea to the SL one when you get back.

Did you do anything special to store it? I'm going to school soon, and my C55 will only be driven once every month or so when I come back (to get laundry! )
The CL cover is quiet good actually as I can cover the exhausts and to not allow dust to get under the car, as I come from Kuwait.

Its stored in my garage at home, its 2.5 metre's wide and its quiet long in lenth. Though its open from both sides which means street cats can enter and jump on non covered cars where their nails damage the paint and cannot be easily removed when polishing the car every year or so.

Most of the time we get sand storms "dust" so thats why I am covering the car.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 55 AMG
You could have removed the antenna entirely, no?

Enjoy south of France, it's a nice place I'll be on a month long business trip throughout August again... yay
Old 07-17-2007, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
Originally Posted by Shinigami
You could have removed the antenna entirely, no?

Enjoy south of France, it's a nice place I'll be on a month long business trip throughout August again... yay
Thank you Shinigami, I did not think of the antenna whilst installing the car cover.

Well next time, I will make sure to remove the antenna before storing it.