SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Quick wheel Poll/advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 SLK55, 08 R32
Quick wheel Poll/advice

Im going to get new rims I really like the whole black and silver theme I have now. I am deff going to go with a Carbon center I really like the way it looks and I might get some CF accessories to go with it later on. So Carbon center with a paint matched inner where the emblem is and a polished lip. I want to go a little more bold maybe a color on the edge of the lip dont know what do you guys think?!

Thanks,
CJ
Old 03-06-2008, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by IIIMBPIII
Im going to get new rims I really like the whole black and silver theme I have now. I am deff going to go with a Carbon center I really like the way it looks and I might get some CF accessories to go with it later on. So Carbon center with a paint matched inner where the emblem is and a polished lip. I want to go a little more bold maybe a color on the edge of the lip dont know what do you guys think?!

Thanks,
CJ
I don't think its a good idea personally, the fake carbon fiber center looks tacky IMO. You should think about Dymag wheels, they have carbon fiber exterior shell and forged magnesium center. They are also very light, and will drastically increase the performance of your car. Here's a pic of CLK63 using Dymags:

Old 03-10-2008, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Escalade EXT, Stealth TT 600 AWHP
If you want a CF center, buy a set of 360 Forged. Dymags are nice as Addicted said, but you are going to be spending about $8k for the wheels alone.