SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Two Year anniversary for my car, narrative of my experience so far.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
Two Year anniversary for my car, narrative of my experience so far.

Its been two years so far and I cant believe that time has passed by so quickly, I wanted that car badly when I first saw the press release in 2005 and later that year I took the plunge in ordering my very first roadster an SLK 55 AMG on November 17th 2005 and received it in April 18th 2006.

I've been wanting a roadster ever since I've laid my eyes on the R170 and said someday I had to have one as a weekend car, as you may all know I love Mercedes-Benz and since I was a child I remember my parents having several MB's in the garage, such cars as a 450 SLC, 1980 560 S-class, 93 300SL-24V and many others.

I now have an SLK55 that I truly love,appreciate and take care of and to tell you the truth I don't drive it alot because I am busy with work and that its pretty low in regards to ground clearance. If I want to drive it, I usually take it out on the weekends were I am calm,relaxed and enjoy the car properly without having work and other things pop into mind.

The car is out of this world it feels like a dedicated track car in comparison to the sedan like XKR which feels much more loose or comfortable interms of suspension feel, the car just begs to be pushed hard the exhaust sounded brutal and since the car is tinted it grabbed everyones attention at the traffic light which I didn't expect since its just an SLK.

I've welded my leg to the gas pedal and it reminded me that I am in a small car that is the size of a jacuzzi with a 5.4L V8 that has gobs of torque down low.

The car looks so menacing when wet and due to the rain today I had some fun encounters with ESP off, I love this car and I really didn't want to leave the cabin after I got suited to it.

I am sorry if I repeated my thoughts from earlier threads but darn it, I cant describe how much I love this car, in all honesty its such a car that suites me perfectly and in black its quiet discrete and conservative. The next best suitable car would be a black slr, however thats out of my league.

My old 280 SLK with my SLK55 AMG,

Well, I hope you've enjoyed reading my narrative and happy motoring,

Mohammed.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 COROLLA 140I
Originally Posted by alroumi
Its been two years so far and I cant believe that time has passed by so quickly, I wanted that car badly when I first saw the press release in 2005 and later that year I took the plunge in ordering my very first roadster an SLK 55 AMG on November 17th 2005 and received it in April 18th 2006.

I've been wanting a roadster ever since I've laid my eyes on the R170 and said someday I had to have one as a weekend car, as you may all know I love Mercedes-Benz and since I was a child I remember my parents having several MB's in the garage, such cars as a 450 SLC, 1980 560 S-class, 93 300SL-24V and many others.

I now have an SLK55 that I truly love,appreciate and take care of and to tell you the truth I don't drive it alot because I am busy with work and that its pretty low in regards to ground clearance. If I want to drive it, I usually take it out on the weekends were I am calm,relaxed and enjoy the car properly without having work and other things pop into mind.

The car is out of this world it feels like a dedicated track car in comparison to the sedan like XKR which feels much more loose or comfortable interms of suspension feel, the car just begs to be pushed hard the exhaust sounded brutal and since the car is tinted it grabbed everyones attention at the traffic light which I didn't expect since its just an SLK.

I've welded my leg to the gas pedal and it reminded me that I am in a small car that is the size of a jacuzzi with a 5.4L V8 that has gobs of torque down low.

The car looks so menacing when wet and due to the rain today I had some fun encounters with ESP off, I love this car and I really didn't want to leave the cabin after I got suited to it.

I am sorry if I repeated my thoughts from earlier threads but darn it, I cant describe how much I love this car, in all honesty its such a car that suites me perfectly and in black its quiet discrete and conservative. The next best suitable car would be a black slr, however thats out of my league.

My old 280 SLK with my SLK55 AMG,

Well, I hope you've enjoyed reading my narrative and happy motoring,

Mohammed.
Salaams...

Thanx for the pics Mohammed...Awesome CAR..The slk55 is a truly extraordinary car....Hope u have many more miles..Glad 2 knw ur car has been Rock Solid in reliability..

Farouk
Old 04-19-2008, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
W'alaykum asalam warahmat ullah, thanks for the time in viewing my thread. I appreciate the reply.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
The SLK55 is indeed an extraordinary car! I contemplated getting one but was not sure I could get by without a back seat. If I keep my C55 long enough to pay it off It wont be an issue and I will get an SLK - hopefully it will have the 63 motor in it by then.....
Old 04-20-2008, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
Originally Posted by wawy
The SLK55 is indeed an extraordinary car! I contemplated getting one but was not sure I could get by without a back seat. If I keep my C55 long enough to pay it off It wont be an issue and I will get an SLK - hopefully it will have the 63 motor in it by then.....
Yes, I am the opposite I was going to get either an SL500 or a Red C55 but ended up in an SLK.

The 6.2 L SLK63 will be available when a new SLK arrives in 4 years time.