Warranty related, rain sensing wipers.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
Warranty related, rain sensing wipers.

I found out that my rain sensing wipers dont function at present time, checked with the tech and the car is going to be repaired due to the one year existing warranty left.

The SLK has been extremely reliable ever since April 18th 2006 and I am happy so far. Just wanted to say that Mercedes has definatley improved since 2002 when it had problems and now is 4th in the JDpower survey. The rain sensing wiper isnt a huge error or fault, these are consumption usage and its affects probably.

Enjoy your cars.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
Well the car has been flawless for two years and an absolute joy and thanks to the original poster of the rain sensing wipers thread I've come to discover that my car rain wipers arent functioning. I gladly took the car to the dealers today early in the morning to escape from the congestion around the dealers area. The technicians discovered there seems to be a loose cable with the unit and it now works, I am very happy with the service that I received and they were generous to added a leather care kit and a roof lubricant.

Too bad the weathers dusty and has a slight mist affect, otherwise I wanted to change the atmosphere and went out for dinner. Well having a few days break makes me want to enjoy some dvd's that I've missed and come back to work in a relived and a good state of mind.

I really love this forum and its a great place to be in, compared to the Porsche forums the environment over here is much more friendly.

Have a great weekend enjoying your fabolous slk's since the weather is getting warmer and store your car covers as you need to drive them more often and so do I.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 500 2003
nice lol. will not be enjoying it in SLK but in CLK windows all down close enough lol .
Old 06-09-2008, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 SLK55, 08 R32
You know what now that you mentioned this I noticed that mine don't work from time to time they started going off the other day when it was completely dry and about 85 out... odd
Old 06-09-2008, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
You can keep the car in D and pull the hand brake up high so it doesnt move, what I mean is pull it aggressively so the car doesnt move. If the car doesnt move now turn on the switches for the wipers on the first notch, the wiper should wipe once and come to a halt.

Take a hose or if not a bottle of water and spray aiming on the sensors which is the exterior small embedded hole and it should wipe by itself.