SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Important MSG regarding Kleeman Vendor API

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 55 AMG
Angry Important MSG regarding Kleeman Vendor API

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you guys heads up on a vendor for Kleeman called Advance Performance Industries (API). I bought Kleeman camshaft for my 06 SLK 55AMG back in March 08 but there was delay due to back order. I was planing to move to out of the country that month but camshaft was not ready. I trusted API that they will deliver the product even tho I'm out of the country... so I told him to contact my friend when the item is available.

After long wait I got the info from Cory (Kleeman) that they do have the item and ready to be shipped to API but they couldn't since API did not provide payment transaction. I called API to find out what was going on but they didnt answer any phone calls. Long story short they use my money for the camshaft which was around $4000 for their business. I told my friend to stop by the shop to find out what was going on...

The API owner name is "Galvin" and this is what he told my friend:

"I'm sorry we don't have money to pay for your camshaft and I know that you already pay for it but we used it to pay our rent. Currently, there is nothing I could do. Our business is slow and I cannot promise you anything."

Those are the words that I got from API... WTF!!! I'm writing this to warn everyone who is thinking about going to API for tuning or anything think twice. I'm not sure if they are really broke or not but this is fraud!!!! If they cant come up with $4000 which I already have provided, what type of MBZ tuning shop is this??? It is October... its been more then 7 months, no camshaft or $4000.

I've requested Kleeman to remove API from their vendor list because of the this incident and if your in socal near OC, this is the last place you want to take your car. The API information is in the bottom:

Advace Performance Industries (API)
Name: Galvin
6040 Cerritos Ave
Cypress 90630
Tel: 714-229-0880

I'm working on lawsuit to API. Guys trust me DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO API!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Damn man, sorry to hear. When I had my SLK supercharged by GMP in August, my contact there told me Cory had everything in stock and ready to go, so items like camshafts should be on the shelf any day @ anytime. I would sue API for the 4000 dollars plus the frustration they had caused over the past 7 months if I were in your shoes. Good luck man.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
I am extremely sorry to hear about this, thank you for the heads up.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jkim1014
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you guys heads up on a vendor for Kleeman called Advance Performance Industries (API). I bought Kleeman camshaft for my 06 SLK 55AMG back in March 08 but there was delay due to back order. I was planing to move to out of the country that month but camshaft was not ready. I trusted API that they will deliver the product even tho I'm out of the country... so I told him to contact my friend when the item is available.
Very sorry to hear your dismay.

Just curious on why you didn't buy them from Kleemann directly in the first place? Why'd you go with the middle man (API) on something like this?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by JamE55
Just curious on why you didn't buy them from Kleemann directly in the first place? Why'd you go with the middle man (API) on something like this?

I think is because he also want them to install it also. Sometime, it cheaper with labors if you buy the parts through the shop. Damn $4000 !!!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
I hope you made the transaction via credit card...you could at least dispute the charge. Also...$4000 for a camshaft? Or does that include installation?

Well...I hope everything works out. Luckily, the shops I deal with just take an order deposit (usu. 10%) instead of full payment.

PS...API response is pitiful.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:06 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
huh?

give him a week (with a hard date) by which he has to come up with your money.

if he fails to deliver, check your local laws and serve him with papers for small claims court. its cheap and you dont need a lawyer.

if you have a record of payment this should be a no-brainer.

if he has a car- he is collectible and you will get your money + court fees.

alex
few cars
Old 11-04-2008, 11:52 PM

I would stay away from GMP Performance as well... They shipped a defective set of wheels and tires to me in August.... It is now November and they have not sent a refund or replacements....