SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Anyone running a Renntech SC on a NA engine?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SLK55 AMG - Renntech Supercharged
Anyone running a Renntech SC on a NA engine?

I might be buying a Renntech supercharger for my '07 SLK55, and I'm trying to figure out what all I need to get it going. I read the Renntech installation instructions, but there's no mention of fueling whatsoever. Anyway, what have you guys done to keep the AF under control?
Old 11-20-2017, 09:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
In the Market
Any particular reason you're considering the RennTech versus a Kleemann? Seems like Kleemann's the supercharger of choice among SLK55 owners, with several build threads and pre- versus post-opinions to be found.

http://www.slkworld.com/performance-...er-thread.html

Cheers!
Old 12-01-2017, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Slk55
i have a friend with a slk with the Renntech supercharger. he has it on his car for over 10 years now and still running strong with no problems. as far as i know hes using E55 injectors with factory fuel pump. or you can always try a different route that least people take, like i did.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SLK55 AMG - Renntech Supercharged
Originally Posted by The55
i have a friend with a slk with the Renntech supercharger. he has it on his car for over 10 years now and still running strong with no problems. as far as i know hes using E55 injectors with factory fuel pump. or you can always try a different route that least people take, like i did.
Thanks for the info. Renntech is in no rush to help me out, so you just did me a big solid.

Originally Posted by Gylles Smyth
Any particular reason you're considering the RennTech versus a Kleemann? Seems like Kleemann's the supercharger of choice among SLK55 owners, with several build threads and pre- versus post-opinions to be found.
Cheers!
I picked up the Kenne Bell (Renntech) for a ridiculous price, so that's what I went with. Also, the Kleemann unit is very efficient, and is likely only just running less boost. I'll install a smaller pulley and larger pump soon if I get motivated. I also intend to add a little nitrous to the mix, but we'll see.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Slk55
Oh awesome. Let us know how it turns out. Thanks for sharing