SLK55 Delivery Updates (All of US!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
SLK55 Delivery Updates (All of US!)

As of today, 10 SLK55 are at the port's in America.

They are all going through VPC preperation, and will be ready for delivery to the dealer's very soon. When? 10 days or 2 months; whenever Mercedes decides to ship them. As of this year, about 22 - 25 have been allocated!!! More will be filling that list, and I sure hope mine is on that list!

My dealer (MB of S. Orlando) is one of the few dealer's in Florida that does NOT have a allocated SLK55 as of now. Maitland (Orlando), Niguel Laguna (sp?), Tampa, Miami, Clearwater do have allocations for this year and for November build.

I was also told that my car will be here in December

Originally I was meaning to replace my SLK230 with the SLK55 back in Sept/Oct (speculations since April/May) so I am very disappointed with the position I am in regarding deliveries.

Additionally, my dealer will be making some phone calls tomorrow and see if my car can be prioritized a little bit more regarding allocations & deliveries!

That's all the info, hopefully some of you find this useful!

dinko
Old 10-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 slk55
Thanks for the info Dinko.. good luck and hope you get your allocation soon.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:03 AM

ive got deposits down at penske motorsports, house of imports, and mercedes benz san diego,
but all 3 have dates around jan-feb.

crap
Old 10-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
It is Laguna Niguel, that is south of us.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by MarcusBenz
It is Laguna Niguel, that is south of us.
My error. Thanks
Old 10-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Originally Posted by dinko
My error. Thanks

No problem and just to let everyone know, all but maybe 2 of these car were extra production from MBUSA. What I mean is that the factory will usually have surplus cars that are built and to be divided up by MBUSA to individual dealers that are doing an above average job in their market and would be considered a reward for the hard work.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:47 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
thoughts :-)

Mark,
thanks for the info (as always).
So that means these extra cars aren't customer-ordered, but rather 'standard' or default configurations sent to certain dealers (to sell 'off the lot'?)
Assuming there are x amount of 'orders' on netstar, does MB go by date of entry or some other consideration when allocating a build date for them ? Doesn't seem like they have allocated any more than the initial few we heard about a few weeks back, have they ?!
In all honesty, while I understand the reason (and reasoning) to keep the car 'rare', I don't think the market is accepting of half year delivery times as much as they were a few years back. I could get the new 997 in 3 months or less. Not that I'm thinking about cancelling :-) but I wonder if MB is still about to crank up a bit or if the current speed of production is all we'll see for the foreseeable future....

Best, Dan

Trending Topics

Old 10-12-2004, 12:58 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
'05 SLK55, Obsidian, black/red, light and premium pkg., COMAND with nav, airscarf, Sirius
Dinko, I ordered an SLK55 ar Millenium MB in Bridgewater, NJ last evening. The dealer tells me to expect the car in June or July, and that I'm the 3rd person to order one from that dealer. Does the delivery date estimate sound about right to you. How soon should the dealer be able to obtain an estimated delivery date? Thanks in advance for your help/
Old 10-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Almost a Member!

06 SLK 55 AMG
I guess Beverly Hills isn't on that list? Argh! And they told me they would get the most allocated cars because they sell so many. Boo!! =(