SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK 55 Radiator Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
SLK 55 Radiator Replacement

I have a cracked radiator that I am replacing and ran into a problem with disconnecting the AC condenser lines from the side of the

radiator. Any tips? Is it a clip or bolt? Both?

Everything else is disconnected. BTW… I’m not a mechanic.
Old 04-10-2023, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 & 2006 C55
Recently removed radiator on my 07 SLK55. Procedure is pretty easy. I'm no mechanic either, just a hardcore enthusiast!
There is a small screw (T20-T30) on the driver side of the of the radiator that secures the AC lines to the radiator. Remember its a screw not a nut.

Start by removing the upper radiator supports by pushing in the retaining tabs and pulling up.
Next is disconnecting upper and lower radiator hoses and draining radiator. To disconnect pull out the metal hose retainer clips up or just take them completely out and the hoses should just slide out.
Then remove fan by unplugging the power cable and pushing in the two tabs in the radiator on the top mounting points of the fan and pull up to separate fan from radiator. You can now wiggle the fan out or wait until you disconnect trans hoses.
Then you remove the screw on the driver's side of the radiator next you separate the condenser from radiator by pinching the tabs on the top front side of the radiator. Once the condenser snaps out just pull up and out to separate. Note, the condenser stays in the car when you pull radiator.
At that point you can pull the radiator fan out the top if you haven't done it already.
Final step is to wiggle the radiator out the top.

Hope it helps! Cheers!

Last edited by PoppaWheelie; 04-10-2023 at 05:04 PM.