SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Can someone pls translate this for me !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2004 | 12:47 AM

10' C63, 05' SLK55 (sold)
Can someone pls translate this for me !

Hi guys, I'm wondering if there are someone that knows German and can translate this article for me pls. It's very important, and I think I'll benefit everyone that want to covert their stock R171 ant to the R230 SL ant. Thank you. http://www.mbslk.com/files/artikel/a...chuerze171.pdf
Old 11-09-2004 | 06:28 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
This is quite a bit of work. I will try to see if I have the time to translate it if you are interested, but I had read this a while ago and frankly thought it was a number to big for me. You can get a good replacement antenna from innovenda instead (you'll loose about 25% signal strength)...
Again, I'll see if I have time over the weekend....
Cheers,
Daniel
Old 11-09-2004 | 06:33 PM

2005 SLK55 2003 Acura MDX
Vancouver! I am sorry to tell you that but the SL antenna won't work for the SLK. Everyone in this forum says the reception is very bad with it. They say the SL radio antenna is in the windshield. I hope they are wrong but I doubt it.

The antenna is really ugly but so are so many other things, wind deflector net, cruise control arm, small side glasses don't go down all the way, soft speaker grills, subwoofers in the doors, CD changer filling the entire glove compartment...

Still, I am getting the SLK55 this month! Overall it is a great car!

Originally Posted by glhehe
Hi guys, I'm wondering if there are someone that knows German and can translate this article for me pls. It's very important, and I think I'll benefit everyone that want to covert their stock R171 ant to the R230 SL ant. Thank you. http://www.mbslk.com/files/artikel/a...chuerze171.pdf
Old 11-09-2004 | 07:49 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
Sl

...and that's true - the SL antenna is in fact in the front glass (a very thin 2 line strip that runs around 3 of the sides). The stub antenna in the back is for the GPS.
As I said, the Innovenda antenna gives you just as 'good' a result as long as you are in a metro area. After that, it's really: Stick to the stock antenna for now.