SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

How do you guys clean the wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK55 2003 Acura MDX
How do you guys clean the wheels?

I have bought like four different type of spray-on hose-off products, none of them work! I have no choice but to use a very soft "Brake Dust Brush" to painstakingly clean one spoke at a time! It sucks!

I have "Brake Dust Shields" (Kleen Wheels) on all four wheels of my MDX. I installed them on all four wheels when I purchased my MDX almost two years ago. The wheels look brand new even now! So far I had no problem what so ever, even though the MDX weights like two tons and I drive in a steep environment (lots of brakes).

Of course I will not put "Brake Dust Shields" on my SLK55! Those brake discs and calibers are way too beautiful to cover them with ugly black discs. So, I was wondering how you guys deal with this issue?
Old 12-22-2004, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55
Wheels

I try to keep at least 2 coats of carnauba based wax on them. Then I use the same mild soap as I use on the rest of the car. The wax is worth the effort as the majority of brake dust hoses right off. When its time to change the pads (which I hear is a frequent occurence with Mercedes) I'm considering Mintex, which is a good pad with less dust.