SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK 55 AMG, Super/Turbocharger information please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 04:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 55 AMG
SLK 55 AMG, Super/Turbocharger information please.

I have a SLK 55 AMG that is a 5,439-cc AMG-built SOHC 24-valve 90º V-8. High-pressure die-cast alloy cylinder block. Refinforced crankshaft and valvetrain. Alloy Heads. Lightweight camshafts. Reinforced engine block, oil pan structure, pistons, connecting rods and crankshaft. The Net power is 362 @ 6,000 rpm. Net torque is 376 lb-ft @ 3,500 rpm. The compression ratio is 11.0:1. The induction is a Magnesium 2-stage resonance intake manifold that increaes intake runner length at lower rpm for improved response. The fuel and ignition system is a ME 2.8 engine management, Intergrated sequential multipoint fuel injection and phased twin-spark ignition which includes individual cykubder control of fuel spray, spark timing and phase, and antiknock. Electronic throttle. Two high-energy ignition coils and two spark plugs per cylinder. 100,000-mile spark plug intervals. The exhaust system is a Dual AMG low-backpressure with four polished stainless-steel tips. The fuel requirement is Premium unleaded gasoline, 91 pump octane.

I know I gave too much information, but it might be useful to answer my question.

I want to increase the horspower from 362 to above 425hp, but I prefer to have an increase of 100 hp making it a 462 hp V-8. The more the better. I was looking into turbochargers and superchargers. Turbochargers seem like a lot of labor work, but I still might do it. Superchargers are easier to put into the car. I am 17 years old so really I don't have enough money to buy an expensive supercharger. Does anybody know if I can get a Mercedes Benz Supercharger or a Turbocharger that can fit on that engine? If not does anybody know about Kleeman, Brabus, Carlssonn, or Lorinzer if they have super/turbochargers? And if not does anybody know a really good, reliable supercharger that I can put on my car? A resonable price and good to great quailty is what I am looking for.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55 AMG
bad idea!
Old 12-24-2004, 05:02 PM

Be prepared to answer this question a lot.

If you can afford an SLK55 AMG - why cant' you afford a Supercharger? Owning expensive tuner cars will mean that any modifications are expensive. Not only the actual cost of labor and parts - but take into account the cost of part failures over time - increasing hp can lead to decreased reliability of parts.

That said, I think that the best solution would be a Kleemann S/C. They are low-boost and will give you the type of power you would like. The low boost keeps a modicum of reliability and will still give you a great rush of power.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
Thank you Neoprufrok for the info
Old 01-13-2005, 08:10 AM

'89 300 TE,'80 230 CE
SLK 55 Supercharger

The way to go is with a Renntech Supercharger. 100+ hp. Also a much nicer look installed. Almost factory like.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
u have anymore info on the renntech supercharger.

im planning to go with the kleeman stage 2 or stage 3 but it would be good to know what else is available out there.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by neoprufrok

If you can afford an SLK55 AMG - why cant' you afford a Supercharger? Owning expensive tuner cars will mean that any modifications are expensive. Not only the actual cost of labor and parts - but take into account the cost of part failures over time - increasing hp can lead to decreased reliability of parts.

cause he didnt buy the car. nolimits, oops i mean SLK55 AMG is a 17 year old kid that keeps posting these retarded threads. dont feed the troll.