SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Finally...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 55
Finally...

Finally got someone to run with me. I got behind a guy in a WRX to day passed him he drove hard to catch up and slowed beside me as I was gettin ready to exit. I bit move back on the highway he moved u to a long open area (ahead of traffic) I figured he would wait untill I was even with him and he would slow down. I moved slowly up on him at about 90mph. much to my suprise he guns it just as my front bumper gets even with his back bumper. with my reaction delay I start about a half a car behind at about 90mph. I reel him in and by the time we are at 120-125 hes about half a car behind me. funny thing is when we were even I started pulling harder i looked over and I thought he was shutting down and was just about to pull up myself then I saw and heard him shift and realized he was still pushing. The whole thing only took about 10-15 seconds but the first half of the crawl up the side of his car seemed like it took forever. We were starting to catch up with a car and my radar dectector went off so I shut down. Chated with the guy a the exit light, cool guy, he said he never raced a AMG, (he knew what an AMG was) he said he figued he would loose but no shame in losing to and AMG. Mutual thumbs up and we went our seperate ways.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was it a wrx STi or just a WRX? There's a huge difference between the two. Either way they would have to be modified to hang with a SLK 55. Especially on the freeway. Good kill. STi's pull about 103-104mph through the traps. I'm guessing the AMG can pull a 109mph. I know the previous model could.