SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

This wait is killing me......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 E63
This wait is killing me......

Placed my order near Xmas and was quoted delivery in summer. Not sure how the salesman determined this but I hope he is right. I almost called him back and requested my deposit back so I can go buy a slightly used Porsche 911 C4S. I changed my mind when I test drove it. The interior was near identical to my current car (99 Boxster) which was a turn off. The exterior looks easily made up for it. The handling was good but did not feel as nimble as the Boxster. The rear seats is a plus since my wife and I plan on having kids in 2 or so years. Another plus would be that my aftemarket rimson my Boxster will transfer nicely to the C4S.

Then I look at the SLK55 AMG and it has many advantages also. A kick *** engine, a classy interior with loads of toys (NAV, heated seats and airscarf,etc..), and a retractable hardtop.

I think what I really want would be a 997 C4S. With the new look, improved HP, the upcoming C4S Cabriolet should have most of the best of both worlds. I can't wait that long.

BTW drove my Mom's SL500 and I was not impressed with the low end torque. A used Sl500 might also be possible.

I wish they had a database that was accessible for the people who have deposits.

Thanks for letting me vent. Anyone who actually knows how this deposit, allocation scheme works, please provide any helpful info.

Good luck to all other waiters,

Cheers

99 Boxster
2001 SLK320
2000 Honda Accord