SLR McLaren (C199) Discussion on the SLR Coupe, Roadster and Sterling Moss Edition.

SLR/C199/R199/Z199: Paris Hilton, may actually have taste

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S
Paris is Paris because of HERSELF. Yes, her grandfather left her a ton of money, but through all of her endorsments, TV shows, etc, she has earned money ON HER OWN.

She wasn't always "Paris Hilton." In fact, there was a time where no one gave a flying F*** as to who she was. SHE hired her publicist, SHE hired her manager, and SHE put herself in the spotlight. Why the entire world is so obsessed with her is beyond my knowledge. HOWEVER, She got where she is today because of HERSELF. Nicky had the same type of inheritance as Paris. As did Kimberly Stewart (good family friend of the hiltons). Yet Paris is the most recognized. Again, she is where she is today because she put herself out there.

And once AGAIN... I never stated that she gets her cars for FREE. Read the posts. I said that she barely ever pays for them. You've listed 3 out of the 100 vehicles that she's owned. You're also leaving out 5 other cars that she currently has in her garage.

And to Jello--

You don't need to believe me. This is the internet and I'm not hurt and I'm not going to get psycho on you because you don't. However, if you live in Los Angeles and you hung out at clubs, parties, events, etc. in Hollywood like myself, then you would see how easy it is to actually become friends with celebrities and how it's not so "unbelievable." They're not aliens and they're not evil people. They're just like you and me. It's like going to a party and hanging out with a complete stranger.

Last edited by Toog4me; 03-23-2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by Toog4me
Paris is Paris because of HERSELF. Yes, her grandfather left her a ton of money, but through all of her endorsments, TV shows, etc, she has earned money ON HER OWN.

She wasn't always "Paris Hilton." In fact, there was a time where no one gave a flying F*** as to who she was. SHE hired her publicist, SHE hired her manager, and SHE put herself in the spotlight. Why the entire world is so obsessed with her is beyond my knowledge. HOWEVER, She got where she is today because of HERSELF. Nicky had the same type of inheritance as Paris. As did Kimberly Stewart (good family friend of the hiltons). Yet Paris is the most recognized. Again, she is where she is today because she put herself out there.

And once AGAIN... I never stated that she gets her cars for FREE. Read the posts. I said that she barely ever pays for them. You've listed 3 out of the 100 vehicles that she's owned. You're also leaving out 5 other cars that she currently has in her garage.

And to Jello--

You don't need to believe me. This is the internet and I'm not hurt and I'm not going to get psycho on you because you don't. However, if you live in Los Angeles and you hung out at clubs, parties, events, etc. in Hollywood like myself, then you would see how easy it is to actually become friends with celebrities and how it's not so "unbelievable." They're not aliens and they're not evil people. They're just like you and me. It's like going to a party and hanging out with a complete stranger.
Are you kidding me???

First, when the Hilton sisters in there early teens (long before they hired their own publicists) they went everywhere just to get free press. A day didn't go by when they weren't in TONY or PageSix of the NY Post and every other gossip column out there.

Second, Yes we all know they both make their own money now, but Paris expecially wouldn't have anything more than a sugar daddy if it weren't for the family name and money. Do you think Paris Hilton would be who she is today if she was born to Joe Schmo of Camden, NJ?

I met them both in 1999 and saw them periodically until they started spending more time the LA although I still see them both regularly at various fashion week events - We have the usual small talk type of crap and move one so they aren't complete strangers but I certainly wouldn't call them my friends.

Both of them are pretty damn hot but IMO there are better looking women walking around LA or NYC on any given day that are working their asses off hoping to get their big break. Paris never finished highschool for gods sake and you think she would be making the millions she has if it weren't for her name? Even Nicky is smart enough admit that her own label would have never taken off if it weren't for her last name...in fact, she probably would've never gotten into FIT or Parsons if the name Hilton wasn't on the application.

Last edited by NY C32; 03-23-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:41 AM
Banned

BS
Originally Posted by jello2594
I dont believe two things in this thread...

That that one guy is "friends" with Paris and Nicky.
That that other guy sent a car via FedEx.

Also, there's footage on E! News that shows Paris driving that SLR off of a sidewalk, scraping the entire front end and undercarriage, because she missed the driveway.
wel, if you would lie pictures of me in the car, or if you could get her friend to take a picture of the tag frame, it will say "Brumos, Jacksonville, FL" which my family owns.

So you tell me what you want me to do, and I will do it.

Oh, and it was a $12,xxx ship to Cali in 4 days, and yes, FEDEX can send cars so check there site. If you would like a picture of the recept from Brumos to LA, i will be happy to scan that tomorrow and poost it too

Oh, and Im not getting worked up, nor am I banging her, I just get am getting the facts straight. When people say **** that I know isnt true, I will let em know.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:51 AM

2004 CLK500, 78 6.9,
Proof

OK, I want a picture of you, today's newspaper, a copy of the DVD One Night in Paris, and a football helmet full of Jello next to a car with whatever that name is on it. And please scan that FedEx receipt, and make it sepia, then use the Solarize filter in Photoship, finally inserting a watermark that says "I am a Douche".

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:54 AM

2004 CLK500, 78 6.9,
Trust me, I know how celebrities are, and what they're like. And you, buddy, are in no way friends with either Paris or Nicky Hilton.

And to Jello--

Old 03-23-2006, 07:31 AM

2006 SLR & 2008 S63
OK, I want a picture of you, today's newspaper, a copy of the DVD One Night in Paris, and a football helmet full of Jello next to a car with whatever that name is on it. And please scan that FedEx receipt, and make it sepia, then use the Solarize filter in Photoship, finally inserting a watermark that says "I am a Douche".

Thanks.
Hey jello
What is the big deal about if He shipped the SLR to cal. So what if he knows them . BFD
It is a good thing you are not asking my kid for a picture.

Last edited by McLAREN SLR; 03-23-2006 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:08 AM

2004 CLK500, 78 6.9,
Hey, first post! Welcome to the board.

Why the hell would I want a picture of some kid?
Old 03-23-2006, 08:17 AM

2006 SLR & 2008 S63

Thanks
My kid wanted my screen name ONE SICK SLR so I got a new one so we do not have any problems on here. As for The picture look at what you are asking for in your post that all.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:25 AM

2004 CLK500, 78 6.9,
Oh, that's because that dude offered to take some picture to prove that he used FedEx to send a 400 thousand dollar car accross the country.. I thought it was a stupid propsal.

Originally Posted by McLAREN SLR
Thanks
As for The picture look at what you are asking for in your post that all.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
Originally Posted by NY C32

Although she does make her own money now, she wouldn't have made jack if her last name weren't Hilton.
Could not agree with you more...
Old 03-23-2006, 09:03 AM

2006 SLR & 2008 S63
Oh, that's because that dude offered to take some picture to prove that he used FedEx to send a 400 thousand dollar car accross the country.. I thought it was a stupid propsal.
Jello
I agree with you. I would not ship my SLR cross country by fed ex. I would of have the dealer put it on enclosed flatbed it would of cost less then $12,000.00 and ship better then fedex

Last edited by McLAREN SLR; 03-23-2006 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:08 AM

OLD: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, NEW: 2007 SLK350

LOL, there was another thread I started when I saw an SLR for the first time, and posted a pic... the kid and the dad were posting with the same ID, talking about the SLR that they own..

The rest of us were challenging the kid to show some proof of the SLR because of contradicting statements, not knowing that 2 people were using the same account..

anyway, long story short: the kid ended up posting some pics of himself with the SLR...
Old 03-23-2006, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Passport Transport, one of the highend car transport companies, was bought by FedEx a few years ago. I haven't shipped a car in years but $12k seems a bit high
Old 03-23-2006, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
The Hilton name may be helping them. However, they're still making money on their own. Whether it's because her last name is Hilton or not, she's getting money for her endorsments because of the work she puts in. Had she just sat on her *** for a few years, YES, she would still have a ton of money. But, she's gotten off her *** and done some things on her own. That's all I'm trying to say.

Last edited by Toog4me; 03-23-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Trust me, I know how celebrities are, and what they're like. And you, buddy, are in no way friends with either Paris or Nicky Hilton.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

alright, give me 150 million and see if i can make my own money with it... how many sex tapes does she have out there? would they be famous if she werent a hilton? they are weak tapes to say the least. if a girl answered the phone while i was "playing" i would slap that bithc!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The Hilton name may be helping them. However, they're still making money on their own. Whether it's because her last name is Hilton or not, she's getting money for her endorsments because of the work she puts in. Had she just sat on her *** for a few years, YES, she would still have a ton of money. But, she's gotten off her *** and done some things on her own. That's all I'm trying to say.

ill be the first to say that i dont know her or anything about her besides what is thrown in my face by the media. now, with that said:
may be helping? that is the only thing she has good going for her... she doesnt get off her *** and do anything. she probably goes out every night of the week b/c nothing stops her, like a job! i think people come up to her and offer her jobs and she didnt know how to handle it, so she hired someone to do the job for her with her inheritance. i doubt she is even in control of her own money! you dont know what you are talking about...
Old 03-23-2006, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
I will try to explain this to you again because you keep coming back to the same point..."Whether it's because her last name is Hilton or not, she's getting money for her endorsments because of the work she puts in."
Their last name got them to where they could make their own money.

If you do not agree with the following statements, you do not understand:

1. The Hilton sisters currently make millions of dollars per year.

2. The Hilton sisters, because of their name, received a lot of opportunities because of their name which eventually led to their current success.

3. Paris, without the last name Hilton, would have never been on any TV, newspaper or magazine.

4. Nicky, without the name Hilton, would have never been accepted to the Fashion Istitute of Technology or Parsons. You must be have good grades and talent to attend.

5. The sisters, without the last name Hilton, would not be the topic of this thread

Face it, the Hiltons would be a couple of trophy wives if it weren't for their last names. If you don't believe how powerful a last name can be, just google the name Christopher Rocancourt. This guy proved that a powerful name can do a lot. I don't condone his behavior but it amazes me how easy it was for him to take some of these shallow losers...just because of his assumed name.

Last edited by NY C32; 03-23-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:57 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Originally Posted by NY C32
I will try to explain this to you again because you keep coming back to the same point..."Whether it's because her last name is Hilton or not, she's getting money for her endorsments because of the work she puts in."
Their last name got them to where they could make their own money.

If you do not agree with the following statements, you do not understand:

1. The Hilton sisters currently make millions of dollars per year.

2. The Hilton sisters, because of their name, received a lot of opportunities because of their name which eventually led to their current success.

3. Paris, without the last name Hilton, would have never been on any TV, newspaper or magazine.

4. Nicky, without the name Hilton, would have never been accepted to the Fashion Istitute of Technology or Parsons. You must be have good grades and talent to attend.

5. The sisters, without the last name Hilton, would not be the topic of this thread

Face it, the Hiltons would be a couple of trophy wives if it weren't for their last names. If you don't believe how powerful a last name can be, just google the name Christopher Rocancourt. This guy proved that a powerful name can do a lot. I don't condone his behavior but it amazes me how easy it was for him to take some of these shallow losers...just because of his assumed name.

Ha! I saw that guy on Dateline the other night. The french Rockefeller! Funny stuff. They all ate it up because of his name.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Banned

BS
ok, I really dont care if you believe me or not. Paris Hilton is a ****ing person, nothing special to me. I dont really give two ****s about her, or the fact that her SLR came from Brumos. I was simply trying to clear up speculation about her trading in her Bentley and this and that, and her not paying for her cars. I have hard facts that proved both of those speculations wrong. Anyways, to those who are being *******s, thanks, but your not really fueling my fire, ya dig?
Old 03-23-2006, 08:08 PM

2006 VW Passat
She doesn't deserve it, I hate that woman with a passion
Old 03-23-2006, 08:09 PM

2006 VW Passat
Originally Posted by RENNTECH36
ok, I really dont care if you believe me or not. Paris Hilton is a ****ing person, nothing special to me. I dont really give two ****s about her, or the fact that her SLR came from Brumos. I was simply trying to clear up speculation about her trading in her Bentley and this and that, and her not paying for her cars. I have hard facts that proved both of those speculations wrong. Anyways, to those who are being *******s, thanks, but your not really fueling my fire, ya dig?
Nice...lol,(my first post isn't insulting u, just saying i hate paris..ya dig?)
Old 03-23-2006, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by blume
ill be the first to say that i dont know her or anything about her besides what is thrown in my face by the media. now, with that said:
may be helping? that is the only thing she has good going for her... she doesnt get off her *** and do anything. she probably goes out every night of the week b/c nothing stops her, like a job! i think people come up to her and offer her jobs and she didnt know how to handle it, so she hired someone to do the job for her with her inheritance. i doubt she is even in control of her own money! you dont know what you are talking about...
You can have WHATEVER opinion you want of the Hilton sisters. But facts are facts and you cannot make statements about someone by the way the media portrays them. You don't know what goes on behind the cameras. You don't know what goes on when the cameras are not rolling. If I made assumptions about you and your life based on your car and the way you act on this forum, I'm sure I would be completely wrong.

And I'm not saying all of this to stick up for Paris or Nicky. It's just in general... Don't assume that rich people just sit on their *** all day. Don't asume that their life is all fun and games. They may not work AS HARD as some of you, and they may get a little bit of HELP, but they still work, and they have lives of their own that are not displayed on a platter for the entire world.

Last edited by Toog4me; 03-23-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
I've known Paris and Nicky for a few years now....
bro tell us the truth, are you pauly shore? is this you with paris?

Old 03-23-2006, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
bro tell us the truth, are you pauly shore? is this you with paris?

No.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLR/C199/R199/Z199: Paris Hilton, may actually have taste