SLR McLaren (C199) Discussion on the SLR Coupe, Roadster and Sterling Moss Edition.

SLR/C199/R199/Z199: Priceless

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Merc655 STOP HATING...if you don't like him..SHUT UP...no offense but the hating gets old. Nice SLR bro!

P.S....Merc what do you drive?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FORD F350 PICK UP
Originally Posted by merc655
It's sad that money can't buy class.
OH well class can not buy you money
Old 03-20-2006, 12:20 AM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by Juice it
I just read your whole saga. Are you serious? You seem like a level headed guy with intelligent posts. Now you have the Matsuda collection? Thousands of posts and the one picture of a car you claim to own in someone elses Enzo that you then remove after being exposed? And you are waiting to get a new SL55, a car that has been out for 4 years and you have warehouses full of exotics and surely you have a fleet of SL65's. You are a likable guy,why all the drama?
I have been accused of starting - or of 'asking for' - the drama....

The posting of the Enzo in question by me resulted in some accusations by a member or two; but I wasn't 'exposed' as a fraud or poser in that thread -- contrary to some members' beliefs or claims....

I prefer the SL55 to the SL65, the SL55 has a place - a dear place - in my stables, and it is time to update mine.

If you read the whole saga, you should have caught the fact that I am in a situation which has prevented me from travelling, and from posting pictures of some of my cars, labelled as such. This will soon occur -- much as occurred in this thread today....

I surmise at this point in time that the real reasons for the drama are twofold:

too many 'young' members who have not yet developed maturity and who do not (yet) have an adequate-enough sense of self, so they treat other members like another 16-25 year old, and in a certain juvenile manner -- and even take pride in this churlish behavior(!);

and a certain or large-enough number of members who could be termed as 'jealous', or 'haters', or whatever the current terminology is, who not only have taken offense to my posts, but have also attacked or expressed their disapproval with my posts.

That is about as far as I have gotten with my understanding of the peculiar dynamic, I think, at this point in time.... Had the above two components not been in place, I don't believe that the drama could have developed - or continued - as it had, and has.

I will be sharing many of my cars with the members of this site, through postings on this site, and at future MBWorld GTG's, at the least.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

good stuff!

where is everyone that was on the other thread? i see a few here, but not many.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:25 AM
A_B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes
Nice car
Old 03-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Almost a Member!

FORD F350 PICK UP
It's looks like my kid had some fun on here last night.
I am going to have to talk to him about what to post and not to post on here if he is going to use my screen name. Kids will be kids you got to love them.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:21 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Originally Posted by ONE SICK SLR
It's looks like my kid had some fun on here last night.
I am going to have to talk to him about what to post and not to post on here if he is going to use my screen name. Kids will be kids you got to love them.
I think its pretty funny that it actually did happen since it has been an excuse for many for a long time. It could have been worse, he could have had the car at his buddies while you were gone instead of messing around on the computer!
Old 03-20-2006, 12:28 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Originally Posted by ClayJ

The posting of the Enzo in question by me resulted in some accusations by a member or two; but I wasn't 'exposed' as a fraud or poser in that thread -- contrary to some members' beliefs or claims....

I prefer the SL55 to the SL65, the SL55 has a place - a dear place - in my stables, and it is time to update mine.

If you read the whole saga, you should have caught the fact that I am in a situation which has prevented me from travelling, and from posting pictures of some of my cars, labelled as such. This will soon occur -- much as occurred in this thread today....

I surmise at this point in time that the real reasons for the drama are twofold:

too many 'young' members who have not yet developed maturity and who do not (yet) have an adequate-enough sense of self, so they treat other members like another 16-25 year old, and in a certain juvenile manner -- and even take pride in this churlish behavior(!);

and a certain or large-enough number of members who could be termed as 'jealous', or 'haters', or whatever the current terminology is, who not only have taken offense to my posts, but have also attacked or expressed their disapproval with my posts.

That is about as far as I have gotten with my understanding of the peculiar dynamic, I think, at this point in time.... Had the above two components not been in place, I don't believe that the drama could have developed - or continued - as it had, and has.

I will be sharing many of my cars with the members of this site, through postings on this site, and at future MBWorld GTG's, at the least.

I can solve this whole thing for you right now. PM me the vin of the Enzo and I will have it verified by a friend that keeps a national Enzo registry. No pics needed. The vins are public knowledge so no big deal. That should help you out.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
"Ownage" on this site, IMO, is too much like Bush's Victory in Iraq claim of a couple years ago -- highly premature, and unwarranted - perhaps even worse than that....

But then again...I've had a worse experience of it, perhaps, than some others....

Haha deff agree with you on the "Ownage" issue
Old 03-20-2006, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500

have you been given permission to leave the 'boonies' yet?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Originally Posted by S-Clusiv
Merc655 STOP HATING...if you don't like him..SHUT UP...no offense but the hating gets old. Nice SLR bro!

P.S....Merc what do you drive?

YEAH SERIOUSLY...if the kid has what he has because of his dad and wants to post pics of his dad's cars, so be it, its not like he's an adult mooching of his parents he's just a kid chill out
Old 03-20-2006, 12:50 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
have you been given permission to leave the 'boonies' yet?
Word this morning is that my freedom will be confirmed between 2pm and 2:30pm this afternoon.

LOL Do me a favor and keep your fingers crossed or knock on wood for me - would ya Bklyn?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Word this morning is that my freedom will be confirmed between 2pm and 2:30pm this afternoon.

LOL Do me a favor and keep your fingers crossed or knock on wood for me - would ya Bklyn?
fingers and toes crossed for you
Old 03-20-2006, 01:25 PM
ON PROBATION

LOL - You're a true Bro....
Old 03-20-2006, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

isnt it nice that we can all get along!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Almost a Member!

FORD F350 PICK UP
Originally Posted by blume
isnt it nice that we can all get along!
It is nice to see we can all get along on here.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
did you dad beat you yet for taken out his SLR? lol Just playin

Nice stable, Idk if you are old enough to drive yet but if I were you Id milk that ride for all its worth. Hell you only live once.

Last edited by Evil Duffman; 03-20-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:19 PM
A_B

Mercedes
Any funny stories with taking out the car ?

When I was in a buddies Mclaren driving around, we had a few cars honk at us, one guy chased us for a few miles just to get a picture with it. One guy walked out of the coffee shop walking back and forth looking at the car, he finally got the courage to ask if he was actually looking at the Mclaren lol. Countless more as well.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

has the get out of jail party begun with hookers and 40 ozs yet?
Old 03-20-2006, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

im starting to worry about clayj... he hasnt responded yet...
Old 03-20-2006, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

maybe he is really at the party...
Old 03-20-2006, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

some
hahahaha
that last pik of the kid is funny as hell!!
haha

mark

nice car
Old 03-20-2006, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by ONE SICK SLR
These are priceless

I guess my dad will be ban from here now OH WELL
I was sitting at Logan airport this afternoon and saw this thread. I gotta say, nice follow through! In case you're wondering, I did laugh out loud.

BTW - this is my favorite one:

I tried to respond earlier but my blackberry locked up so I had to wait until I got home. I doubt anyone will be banned as long as we keep this civil.

ClayJ, I expect a similar pic from you when the time comes. To keep your identity a secret, just have your GM flip me off
Old 03-20-2006, 07:30 PM

OLD: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, NEW: 2007 SLK350
ok, now I gotta respond since C32 and One SICK SLR hijacked my thread for their little argument.

First of all, thanks for posting the pics... this is exactly what I was waiting for, when I kept asking for pictures!

And why the hell were you and your dad both posting here and confusing the heck out of us.. LOL

may i suggest getting one username each?

Mr. Dad, surely you can open a new account for your son? :-)

Anyway, very cool car... glad to see you guys enjoying it!
Old 03-20-2006, 07:38 PM

OLD: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, NEW: 2007 SLK350
Originally Posted by merc655
It's sad that money can't buy class.

That's true, but after he posted all these cool car pics, that's not very classy of you to keep responding like this... and I see a lot of other members agree with me too.

p.s. does your dad really have 14 cars? Can we have pics?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLR/C199/R199/Z199: Priceless