SLR McLaren (C199) Discussion on the SLR Coupe, Roadster and Sterling Moss Edition.

SLR/C199/R199/Z199: New SLR's: How Many are Left?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
various
New SLR's: How Many are Left?

I was wondering if all the 05 and 06 SLR's have been sold or if any dealers are still sitting on some?

I see that a lot of them have been sold as used cars with 50 or 100 miles on them for the low $300's and a few have gone to the auction houses but I haven't seen much in the way of actual new car dealer activity lately.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C280
my dealer still has his. he classifies it as a used car with a 400K msrp
Old 07-12-2007, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 234 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Autotrader shows 26 total, of which 14 are "new." Some of those have more mileage than some of the "used." You have dealers punching cars for the allocation making them used and you have dealership big-wigs driving them around without punching them. I'm not sure which is worse. Losing a year or two of warranty (and the ability to transfer it) is a major PITA. A car that's just sat for three years isn't great either.

There are no CPO cars listed. I wonder if MB would even Starmark an SLR. I wonder what a 100,000 mile, 7-year warranty is worth on one? It sounds like MB says "more than you can afford."
Old 07-12-2007, 02:57 PM

various
Originally Posted by whoover
There are no CPO cars listed. I wonder if MB would even Starmark an SLR.

I am not familar with "CPO" and "Starmark". If you could define these terms I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by whoover
Autotrader shows 26 total, of which 14 are "new." Some of those have more mileage than some of the "used." You have dealers punching cars for the allocation making them used and you have dealership big-wigs driving them around without punching them. I'm not sure which is worse. Losing a year or two of warranty (and the ability to transfer it) is a major PITA. A car that's just sat for three years isn't great either.

There are no CPO cars listed. I wonder if MB would even Starmark an SLR. I wonder what a 100,000 mile, 7-year warranty is worth on one? It sounds like MB says "more than you can afford."
They offer no additional warranty on the car. I looked into it.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 234 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by roccoriley
I am not familar with "CPO" and "Starmark". If you could define these terms I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Certifed Pre-Owned. Starmark is the MB trade name for their CPO. It's a used car sold by the dealer with an extended warranty, honored by the dealerships. A CPO car costs a premium over a similar used car, but has significant additional security. The Starmark warranty is for one year longer than the original warranty (5 years from delivery to first buyer) or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. At the time of purchase, the Starmark warranty can be extended to 6 or 7 years for additional cost.

It sounds like MB will not sell a used SLR as a Starmark vehicle. Not surprising, I guess, but disappointing. Every other model, including S65s, are available as Starmarks.