SLR McLaren (C199) Discussion on the SLR Coupe, Roadster and Sterling Moss Edition.

SLR/C199/R199/Z199: Final SLR Pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 05:34 PM
Bilal

BINGO,

Even though i probably can't afford or even see teh car for real, I just want some comparison tests and vids guys!
Old 07-24-2003, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG,
A comparison test between the Enzo, Gt2,murciealago and the SLR on a TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Those would be the luckiest magazine writers in THE WORLD..........................
Old 07-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Bilal

Dude, you are like so forgetting the main competitors: Carrera GT and the Pagani Zonda C12S!!! Merc AMG power vs. Merc AMG power!!!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by J Lucas
OMG,
A comparison test between the Enzo, Gt2,murciealago and the SLR on a TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Those would be the luckiest magazine writers in THE WORLD..........................
cant forget the McLaren F1 and the Saleen S7
Old 07-25-2003, 10:16 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
did they every did anything like that in the past?...it's hard for the magazines to just one of those Supercars by itself, let along all of them together.

The only one I can remember is Road & Track did a comparison test between F40, McLaren F1, and 959 not long ago. And they had to borrow those cars from someone who owns them.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:18 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by Bilal
Dude, you are like so forgetting the main competitors: Carrera GT and the Pagani Zonda C12S!!! Merc AMG power vs. Merc AMG power!!!
didn't Porsche developed that V10 they using in the Carrera GT?
Old 07-26-2003, 06:44 AM
Bilal

Frank, dude, Zonda and SLR both have Merc AMG engines, the Carrera's is LeMans developed V10, all Porsche.:p
Old 07-26-2003, 08:32 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by Bilal
Frank, dude, Zonda and SLR both have Merc AMG engines, the Carrera's is LeMans developed V10, all Porsche.:p
DUUH...I do know Zonda has a AMG prep 7.3 V12, and of course the SLR has a AMG engine since the car's built by MB and McLaren.

I asked because of your wording "Carrera GT and the Pagani Zonda C12S!!! Merc AMG power vs. Merc AMG power!!! "
Old 08-04-2003, 07:47 PM

1999 Mercedes S430, 1993 Lexus SC400, 2003 Lexus ES300
Hmmm...comments

Why should we be subjected on how we comment on this car?

Last time I checked this was an OPEN forum for FREE expression.

Whether we can afford the car or not is of no relevance for this is a FORUM..,A place for enthusiasts of mercedes cars from all walks of life..to rant and rave as they see fit.

What kind of logic is that to tell people not to "hate" cuz they can't afford the car?

We are consumers of merecedes products no matter at WHAT level of the game...so let's refrain from IMPOSING what people can and can't say about cars in a FORUM.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and others are entitled to their responses to their opinion.

Now with that being said.

IT is FAIR to say, the SLR has LOST something from it's beautiful attributes exhibited in the concept car and now the near production version in these pictures.

The concept car had a very organic, and forward thinking interior. It's appparent to notice the "diluting" of that look in the current center console and interior (screams Astin Martin Vanquish rather than Mercedes)
Also what happeend to that curved silver screen cover for the center console..and brushed leather cushioned seats? Turbine wheels?

As far as the exterior..it's also lost a bit of the lines the concept car had. Almost like an overdone SL w/a stretched out Lorinser kit.

ALso the rear taillights look like they have black mascara around them as does Britney Spears w/her new look.
The concept and clear corners...much nicer.

Will the car sell? Absolutely. Did it lose something from the concept? Absolutely. It's in anyone's right to indicate that.

That's just my 2cents and IMHO.

Now can I afford to get this car?
Probably..probably not. Not really anybody's business or perogative.

This is a forum to speak on items regardless of demographics..not another place to enforce it.

Last edited by Nighttrain; 08-04-2003 at 07:50 PM.