SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Ordered!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG SLS White
Thumbs up Ordered!

After hearing the car in person and driving it yesterday at the CVG show, check 212 forum for pictures of my cars, I ordered a full exhaust for my SLS from MHP.

Their car sounds amazing with it on. Not sure how they managed to make the SLS sound like an F1 car but they did. It sounds fantastic. Personally I think their C63 exhausts are too loud for my tastes. This one and the one on my biturbo E63 is perfect.

There is no drone, when not flooring it or when cruising the car sounds Stock (how did they do that?) but when you floor it OMG the car wants to rev to 8000rpm right now and it lets out a banshee wail. Video doesn't do it justice but here's a clip comparing my stock exhaust SLS in white vs the MHP full exhaust SLS in silver.

This is what the system looks like a bit more complex than my E63 exhaust and just wow overall. Nice work guys, I like the stepped bit too plus my wife wont kill me since I can swap my catalytics in or out in a few minutes.

Before and after dynos will be performed. The car is tuned now but will be taken back to stock dyno'd, then retuned for exhaust and dynod, then dynod again with exhaust. Even though I don't race this car the sound alone is worth it to me.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
Sounds good. Would like to see the performance increase.

Aaron