SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Got my SLS... not bad.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my SLS... not bad.

Got my SLS a few weeks ago. Came with carbon fiber interior and B&O audio system. Silver exterior to match my two other silver cars

Overall the car is not bad. Was expecting it to get less attention, kind of annoying people taking photo of it.

Seats are a bit small for my 6'2" frame and my fat ***.

A few questions about the car perhaps somebody might answer:

1. is there an after-market mod to let me enter addresses into navigation without coming to a full stop?

2. my iPhone playlists don't properly show up in the system - am i doing something wrong?

3. on my 7er in the navigation it tells me approximate arrival - any way to get that info with SLS?

cant wait to take the car on the track... meanwhile if you see a silver SLS flying through destroyed streets of san francisco, it is probably me
Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Using a diagnostic it MIGHT be possible to code the Navigation to enter address while driving.

Does it prohibit voice entry while driving ?
Old 10-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 Mercedes SLS, 2014 Mercedes SLS Black Series, 2014 E63S, 2013 S550, 2012 ML63, 2013 C250
Originally Posted by Naj Mouk
Got my SLS a few weeks ago. Came with carbon fiber interior and B&O audio system. Silver exterior to match my two other silver cars

Overall the car is not bad. Was expecting it to get less attention, kind of annoying people taking photo of it.

1. is there an after-market mod to let me enter addresses into navigation without coming to a full stop?

2. my iPhone playlists don't properly show up in the system - am i doing something wrong?

3. on my 7er in the navigation it tells me approximate arrival - any way to get that info with SLS?

cant wait to take the car on the track... meanwhile if you see a silver SLS flying through destroyed streets of san francisco, it is probably me
We will have a few suspension mods available after the SEMA show that are designed to help with the cars handling at the track. If you are interested just drop us a note or you can also keep up with some of our parts development progress by keeping an eye on our Facebook page at:

http://www.facebook.com/WORLDmotorsports
Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
Originally Posted by Naj Mouk

First of all congratulations on your silver GullWing. Enjoy that beast . You will like it.

As for the questions

1. I believe it is possible to reprogram the nav so that you can enter an address while driving . Here in the gulf we don't have this issue as it comes from the dealer with the ability to enter an address while driving.
Your dealer might have a way to reflash. If not someone would for sure.

2. Make sure you are using the actual Ipod/Iphone/Ipad connector and not the USB connector.

3. This I will try to find out.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:11 PM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
3) Getting an ETA has been a pain for the past few versions of COMMAND. I can't recall right off the top of my head, but it is at least 4-5 steps and then it obscures the map view, so you have to back out after looking at it. Never understood why they didn't just put the ETA in one of the corners of the map.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL550, E350 Coupe
Congrats on your new ride! I think I might have some answers for you:

1. Not sure about a mod, but you can use the voice activation to enter an address while driving. It can be somewhat annoying, but as you use it more the system will start to get better.

2. Make sure you have the latest software updates for the car and you iPhone.

3. After you enter a destination on the navigation screen, select the "full screen" option and it will display your arrival time at the bottom of the screen.