SLS/R197/C197 AMG: SLS AMG Ground Clearance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLS AMG 12' LeMans Red
SLS AMG Ground Clearance

Hi,
my 2012 sls amg feels like so low, it even looked so short compared with the one in pictures..

i tried to measure it at 11cm ..
any one have tips or experience with this?
Old 12-04-2013, 01:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
SLS AMG
I have a silver coupe. At the very low nose/silver part it is just about 5.2 inches from the ground (13.2 or so cm). There is a lower part, a sort of protective plastic bar that runs across the bottom. The front tip of it is at 11.98 or so cm above the ground. A about 15cm behind that, to the rear of the car, it is even lower yet.

A guy I talked to had an SLS roadster. He ran the front of it into a cement parking thing and caused about $2,500 in damage. He now always backs into a parking space. I recommend this whenever possible.

I have dinged mine more than once, and have a bottle of touch up paint ready for such occasions. There are also a few exits out of parking ramps I know of that I have to go very slowly out of. One will set off the front warning sensor every time I use the exit. I go extremely slowly, and often by the time my nose is out and ready to go a car comes down the street and has to contend with the nose of an SLS blocking their path. Too bad.. I'm not going to bottom out for so I can exit more quickly.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLS AMG 12' LeMans Red
Hi, thanks for the reply,
I totally see, but I remembered last time I tried to measure the front end and it shows around 11cm ground clearance.

But honestly I just feel this is a bit lower than those sls in pictures..