SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: The Modern Day Gullwing - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG on HRE P101's by Wheels Boutique

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 02:02 PM
SPONSOR

Received 243 Likes on 189 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
The Modern Day Gullwing - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG on HRE P101's by Wheels Boutique

When Mercedes created the 300 SL in the mid 1950’s nobody thought its balance of style, elegance, and performance would ever be duplicated. Speaking from a retrospective position – we were all wrong. Mercedes-Benz’s SLS AMG, the spiritual successor to the original gullwing, has been a smashing success ever since its inception. We’ve done a number of C197’s over the years, but this particular iteration has us swooning. From the P101’s finished in a simple yet sophisticated Gloss Black that tie in beautifully with the carbon fiber pieces that grace the car’s front, sides, and rear. To the splash of bronze pouring off those enormous CCB’s, this car seems to have the perfect combination of aesthetics. As the doors open towards the sky an inviting red interior is revealed and all that’s left to do is slide in and turn over that beautifully tuned V8.

Wheel Specs:
HRE P101
20”x10” // 21”x12.5
Finish: Gloss Black
Tires: Pirelli P Zero
265/30/20
325/25/21

Weistec Headers // ECU Tune

Please PM us for details, availability, and pricing.
Tell us what you think by commenting below!

For more photos visit: https://www.flickr.com/gp/wheelsboutique/99m43o
Old 05-06-2016, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 182 Likes on 145 Posts
SLS AMG
Nice Pics! Are there spacers on those wheels? I'm not a fan having wheels/tires sticking out past the body that far.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:18 PM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
'00 SL600
Curse you. These look near enough to the Black Series wheel that I've been pining away for. Looking good on the Iridium Silver.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:44 PM
SPONSOR

www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by NewportSLS
Nice Pics! Are there spacers on those wheels? I'm not a fan having wheels/tires sticking out past the body that far.
These are completely custom forged wheels specifically built to fit this model vehicle. Perfectly flush fitment with the fenders without the use of spacers.

Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo
Curse you. These look near enough to the Black Series wheel that I've been pining away for. Looking good on the Iridium Silver.
What do the black series wheels run for these days? The HRE's will certainly be lighter and you can spec it to your heart's content
Old 05-06-2016, 05:29 PM

'00 SL600
Originally Posted by thewb
These are completely custom forged wheels specifically built to fit this model vehicle. Perfectly flush fitment with the fenders without the use of spacers.

What do the black series wheels run for these days? The HRE's will certainly be lighter and you can spec it to your heart's content
A set of the SLS BS wheels can be had for about $5.5k. Problem is, not 100% sure they'll fit a normal SLS correctly.

On the other hand, there is a set of stock wheels for the new GT-S that look almost identical to the SLS BS wheels and apparently bolt right on to an original SLS. Available also for $5.5-6.5k.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:37 PM
SPONSOR

www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo
A set of the SLS BS wheels can be had for about $5.5k. Problem is, not 100% sure they'll fit a normal SLS correctly.

On the other hand, there is a set of stock wheels for the new GT-S that look almost identical to the SLS BS wheels and apparently bolt right on to an original SLS. Available also for $5.5-6.5k.
Geez. You can get a NEW set of HRE's that will be more stylish, lighter, and built to specifically fit your model SLS for around that money. Not the P101 as seen here as it is their flagship model but 10+ models by my initial first count.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:51 PM

'00 SL600
Originally Posted by thewb
Geez. You can get a NEW set of HRE's that will be more stylish, lighter, and built to specifically fit your model SLS for around that money. Not the P101 as seen here as it is their flagship model but 10+ models by my initial first count.
Thanks for the ballpark estimate. I should have mentioned, those OEM wheel prices I quoted (from eBay) had relatively fresh rubber attached to them.