SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: SLS & 300SL - 2024 Convention!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 182 Likes on 145 Posts
SLS AMG
SLS & 300SL - 2024 Convention!

Hello SLS Owners!
I consider MBWorld to be the #1 forum in the World on all things SLS AMG. I hope to reach fellow SLS owners on here that might like to join me at an upcoming Gull Wing Group event.

The Gull Wing Group International community literally spans the globe. Members from North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and New Zealand are connected by the iconic Mercedes 300 SL & SLS sports car. Gull Wing coupes and Roadsters were delivered world-wide by Mercedes Benz and the owners still circle the globe, united by a common interest in the history and performance of the 300 SL & now legendary SLS.

The highlight of every Gull Wing Group year is the annual convention. Always located in a unique location in the U.S. or Canada, the April 10th-14th 2024 convention will be held in beautiful Ojai California!! The event will feature technical sessions, driving experiences, a car show, and an annual banquet. Members from all over the world attend and meet old and new friends with a common interest in the legendary 300 SL & SLS. This convention is assuredly going to be one of the Largest Gatherings of the unique 300 SL & SLS Gull Wings and Roadsters in the World!

Long time Gull Wing Group member and the SLS Ambassador, Frank Spellman will be able to give more specific details on this great event.

I know that gathering there will drive continued interest in sharing knowledge on this awesome SLS AMG forum. I will see you there!

https://gullwinggroup.org/

The following 2 users liked this post by NewportSLS:
Doctodd33 (12-06-2023), Rbcj50cal (12-06-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 02:29 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
SLSAMG, S63 AMG Cabriolet Edition 130, ML55 AMG
GWG Convention Celebrates SLS and 300SL

Originally Posted by NewportSLS
Hello SLS Owners!
I consider MBWorld to be the #1 forum in the World on all things SLS AMG. I hope to reach fellow SLS owners on here that might like to join me at an upcoming Gull Wing Group event.

The Gull Wing Group International community literally spans the globe. Members from North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and New Zealand are connected by the iconic Mercedes 300 SL & SLS sports car. Gull Wing coupes and Roadsters were delivered world-wide by Mercedes Benz and the owners still circle the globe, united by a common interest in the history and performance of the 300 SL & now legendary SLS.

The highlight of every Gull Wing Group year is the annual convention. Always located in a unique location in the U.S. or Canada, the April 10th-14th 2024 convention will be held in beautiful Ojai California!! The event will feature technical sessions, driving experiences, a car show, and an annual banquet. Members from all over the world attend and meet old and new friends with a common interest in the legendary 300 SL & SLS. This convention is assuredly going to be one of the Largest Gatherings of the unique 300 SL & SLS Gull Wings and Roadsters in the World!

Long time Gull Wing Group member and the SLS Ambassador, Frank Spellman will be able to give more specific details on this great event.

I know that gathering there will drive continued interest in sharing knowledge on this awesome SLS AMG forum. I will see you there!

https://gullwinggroup.org/

Thanks David for announcing what should be a spectacular event. I have been a member of the GWG since 1987 when I purchased a 1962 MB 300SL Roadster. The club was founded in 1961 by enthusiasts of the 1954-63 Mercedes Benz 300SL & was initially formed to honor, celebrate, & preserve the iconic MB 300SL Gull Wing while supporting its owners and enthusiasts. The MB 300SL Roadster was officially embraced in 1970. In 2020 the GWG extended membership to owners of the MB SLS GW and RO , modern revivals of the 300SL GW & RO. The organization has an open membership policy inviting those with interest in the 300SL & SLS to join. The GWG enhanced my knowledge & enjoyment of my 300SL's from1987-2018, when I replaced my 300SL with a 2012 SLS AMG Roadster. My pleasure of SLS ownership has now been enhanced. We have owners with 300SL's, with SLS's, and some who own both. Other members are enthusiasts who hope to own either model in the future. The GWG publishes a monthly newsletter, and organizes car related events.These include annual convention, driving tours, social events, & an online chat group, My wife & I attended our 1st convention in 1989 in Detroit, and have attended every other year or so ever since. The conventions have extended our contacts to enthusiasts from all over the world. Technical sessions at the conventions now include issues relevant to the SLS as well as the 300SL. The conventions allow for great friendship development at meetings, meals, tours of amazing private collections, drives, cocktail parties, and of course the annual car show. Trophies are given at the awards banquet to 300SL's & SLS's. I have attended conventions on West Coast, East Coast, South, Mid West, Far West, and in Canada. The best attended conventions typically occur in California where the club was founded & where the most collector cars are located. For the 1st time our convention will be held the spring of 2024 rater then in the fall. We will gather in Ojai California. Plans for the event are in process. Individuals who wish to ship cars can send them directly to Ojai, or to the new MB Classic Center in Long Beach. There will be a morning tour of the Classic Center, followed by a rally of SLS's & 300SL's North to Ojai along the spectacular Pacific Coast Highway. As the SLS Ambassador for the GWG, I encourage SLS enthusiasts.to attend the event, show off your SLS or 300SL , and join the family. I will ship our SLS from Maryland to Long Beach & roar up the coast in great company!! I hope to see you there .Of note members also gather at national concours events & auctions. Best, "Last Roadster"
Old 01-20-2024, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
Join us at the 2024 GWG Contention
To celebrate the 70th birthday of the 300 SL Gullwing

The Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing was introduced to the world in February 1954 in New York City.

On April 10-14, 2023, the Gull Wing Group will celebrate this birthday during the annual Convention at the Ojai Valley Inn in Ojai, California. Most 300 SLs live in California and need to join in the celebration.

The iconic Ojai Valley Inn is a 5-star resort voted one of the best in the world nestled within a rare coastal valley on 220-oak studded acres, 14-miles east of Ventura. It is where the LA and Hollywood elite escape to relax or celebrate a success. The Inn offers an abundance of active and peaceful pleasures with a legendary 18-hole golf course, 31,000 square foot Spa Village, multiple pools, tennis, horseback riding, beekeeping & honey tasting, raptor center and six unique dining options.

The Convention will include fun and camaraderie with your GWG friends in beautiful California Spring weather. We will start Wednesday afternoon with a Board meeting followed with a “California Dreaming” welcome dinner. Thursday we will have our tech session, lunch, and a drive along the Pacific Ocean.

The Friday rally in which all cars are welcome, will tour some of the most visually dramatic California roads through the Montecito and Santa Ynez mountains as well as the magnificent Santa Barbara coastline. With stops in Montecito, Solvang, El Captain Beach and then down the beautiful Santa Barbara coast to an incredible lunch at the exclusive Rosewood Miramar beach property.

The Saturday Car Show will include SL & SLSs and other Mercedes-Benz cars of note. That evening the banquet and awards dinner will celebrate the 70 years of the 300 SL and 15 years of the SLS. Sunday morning, we will say a fond farewell over breakfast.

The Inn is always sold out on the weekends, but we have a special reduced rate room block being held for us until March 15th. So, bring your family, friends, and car lovers to this once in a life-time celebration.

The two California GWG Chapters will be setting up drives to and from the Convention and awards will be given to the Chapter with the most cars in the Show, and the Chapter with the highest percent of members in attendance.

Old 01-20-2024, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
Prior convention video
Old 01-20-2024, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
Old 05-05-2024, 09:51 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
G63, SLS, CLK63 BS, 812GTS, 296GTB, 599GTB, 575M, 356 Speedster, 992GT3 Touring, Taycan Turbo S CT
How was the convention in Ojai??

Did and one take any photos? Or videos?