SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: 2 SLS CONTRACTS AVAILABLE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
2 SLS CONTRACTS AVAILABLE!

I have 2 SLS contracts available. Colors and options are currently open.

PM if interested.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
I have 2 SLS contracts available. Colors and options are currently open.

PM if interested.
for profit? I presume you are trying to do a flip on these since I dont think you are in MB sales.

What value over MSRP are you asking?
Old 10-15-2009, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 S500V4, 02 E320W4, 06 C230 Sport 6 speed, 91 300CE, 89 300E, 95 C220
I didn't think the Forum permitted sales of this nature.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:52 PM

Takes the bus.
Interested, Pmed.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by Steven Long
I didn't think the Forum permitted sales of this nature.
It is permitted if you are a sponsor.
Besides,MSRP,as the name says,is only a "suggested retail price".
The car is worth what the market pays so there is nothing wrong with charging premium for a product in huge demand (if there is one).
Old 11-25-2009, 07:46 PM

2001 bmw m5 2005 sl65 2004 cayanne turbo
of course, none ever heard of supply and demand
Old 01-13-2010, 02:39 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Originally Posted by turborx7
of course, none ever heard of supply and demand
In the current economy, the appropriate question should be how much under MSRP. I see originally the SLS was being projected as a $250,000 car but more recent figures are closer to $200,000. With 5,000 to 6,000 of these being made (much greater than the Maybach) there should be some room for negotiation once the first ones are out.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
So you are essentially trading a derivative with the SLS as the underlying!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by absent
I understand how that works, but this person is NOT an MB dealer, nor does this person have the legal ability to retail this product from the manufacturer ... hence, shouldn't this posting should be re-categorized within the FOR SALE section? I mean, if I am a shock supplier, does that give me the ability to post the interest in selling a 2010 Camaro, or a new-fangled cheese grater, under the auspices of being a Sponsor?

I understand sponsors pay to "access" their presence on the website, but believe there are guidelines - right? Okay, so anyone can pay $x, get unlimited marketing on the website, on an unlimited line of products, and we're supposed to be okay with that? Geez, if nothing else, you'd expect the SPONSOR to at least REPLY to some of the online queries!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
what you guys talking about? make deals with SLS. i wish i was the salesman and someone came to me to make a deal for a SLS. i would tell them get the Fk out rite away. a person that has money to buy a SLS wont make deal, they just bring there AMEX BLK with them and throw it at the salesman like his a dog.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by mthis
what you guys talking about? make deals with SLS. i wish i was the salesman and someone came to me to make a deal for a SLS. i would tell them get the Fk out rite away. a person that has money to buy a SLS wont make deal, they just bring there AMEX BLK with them and throw it at the salesman like his a dog.

Might still work that way in Manhattan, but not the rest of the USA. This admittedly nice car with its gimmick doors will be a solid seller at the right price, but it is no Ferrari. Heck, the Nissan product outperforms it and everyone agrees it is not a thing of beauty, especially from the rear. Point is, 5,000 to 6,000 copies is not in the exclusive territory. That is more like what the demand should be for this car as long as the price can be kept in the range of $175,000 - $200,000 in today's economy.

Last edited by northbenz; 01-14-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:55 PM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by northbenz
Might still work that way in Manhattan, but not the rest of the USA. This admittedly nice car with its gimmick doors will be a solid seller at the right price, but it is no Ferrari. Heck, the Nissan product outperforms it and everyone agrees it is not a thing of beauty, especially from the rear. Point is, 5,000 to 6,000 copies is not in the exclusive territory. That is more like what the demand should be for this car as long as the price can be kept in the range of $175,000 - $200,000 in today's economy.
The market will make the call on the price. It sounds like the 5000 number is for the full global lifecycle. The dealers that I have spoken to have all said that the number for the US in the first year would be less than 500.

It took me three dealers to find one that would put me higher than fouth on their list.

As with any AMG, I am sure that it will drop in price at some point but it seems like the first couple of hundred are spoken for.

I wouldn't pay over MSRP for it but I doubt that they will be selling it for under MSRP, not even in this economy as they just don't have to.

It is a better car than you make it sound. Have you driven it? Have you seen it in person?
Old 01-15-2010, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by AMG Dictator
The market will make the call on the price. It sounds like the 5000 number is for the full global lifecycle. The dealers that I have spoken to have all said that the number for the US in the first year would be less than 500.

It took me three dealers to find one that would put me higher than fouth on their list.

As with any AMG, I am sure that it will drop in price at some point but it seems like the first couple of hundred are spoken for.

I wouldn't pay over MSRP for it but I doubt that they will be selling it for under MSRP, not even in this economy as they just don't have to.

It is a better car than you make it sound. Have you driven it? Have you seen it in person?
Have not driven it or seen it in person and truthfully I would be a sucker for the "gimmick doors." I see the market for this car to be persons who always wanted a Gullwing but don't want the headache of maintaining a collector car. I guess that includes a lot of us. The performance issue is a non issue for me personally but I'm hoping the in person view of the car makes up for its visual deficiencies evident in the photos.

Last edited by northbenz; 01-15-2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:53 PM

CLS63
What does i have 2 "contracts mean?" I'm #2 on a list with a dealer in LA. Does that mean i have a contract too? Maybe he's not selling the car... just the contract. :p
Old 01-15-2010, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
I understand sponsors pay to "access" their presence on the website, but believe there are guidelines - right? Okay, so anyone can pay $x, get unlimited marketing on the website, on an unlimited line of products, and we're supposed to be okay with that? Geez, if nothing else, you'd expect the SPONSOR to at least REPLY to some of the online queries!
Sir, if you took the time to visit our web site you could answer your own questions. We are in the tuning and collector car sales business, and as a sponsor we use this as one of our marketing arms. Since we had 2 SLS contracts, what better audience to place it to?

Originally Posted by mthis
Maybe that's life in old NYC, but in the real world, when you treat people like an animal.... that's what you get i return.

Originally Posted by Dericious
What does i have 2 "contracts mean?" I'm #2 on a list with a dealer in LA. Does that mean i have a contract too? Maybe he's not selling the car... just the contract. :p
I don't know how your situation in LA works, but we are now down to 1 contract.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:37 PM

2008 SL55, 2008 CLK 550 (toast), 2006 V-Star
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
Sir, if you took the time to visit our web site you could answer your own questions. We are in the tuning and collector car sales business, and as a sponsor we use this as one of our marketing arms. Since we had 2 SLS contracts, what better audience to place it to?
I went to the website out of curiosity. Please have your webmaster change "adrenalin" to "adrenaline." Quite a few grammatical errors on the site. I know you're doing well, but you might want to consider an editor.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by thewickedestone
I went to the website out of curiosity. Please have your webmaster change "adrenalin" to "adrenaline." Quite a few grammatical errors on the site. I know you're doing well, but you might want to consider an editor.
LOL
Doesn't sound very professional.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:33 AM

sls, e63
amg dictator has some very sensible points. seems that there will be only 400 os sls models in us for this year. as to performance, it is quite impressive, and unlike the nissan, it gets stronger in the upper ranges. finally, while we know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, be sure you see this car- not a picture- before making any judgements.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:41 PM

Audi S4, Mercedes Benz C350 4Matic
I dont see any dealers will discount SLS given the fact a lot of the orders are sold before they even come in. I work at a dealer and we have sold 3 SLS already and the 4th one will be in October. It is all about how hard it is for dealers to get their hands on and also demand and supply.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:12 PM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
the problem is when you sell the car you wont get any"premium" you paid bak, and the brokers drum up a a false demand, which keeps the cars out of enthusiasts hands and into the hands of retards like actors, its like this yo can buy a dog from a respectable breeder it may take longer but such is life, or you can pay more at the mall today and support puppy mills, its America its up to you
Old 08-28-2010, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by absent
Besides,MSRP,as the name says,is only a "suggested retail price".
The car is worth what the market pays so there is nothing wrong with charging premium for a product in huge demand (if there is one).
So, as a sponsor, I would be able to go to KMart - but a lawn mower, then post online that I have a lawn mower for sale? I always knew sponsors had more leverage (understandably), but I was under the impression that the leverage was regarding their own product.

So here we are, one year later, and I can visit a few local MB dealers, and pay MSRP or less ... without having to TRY to ask a sponsor a question about his motives ... let alone pricing. If this seller can't answer questions regarding the product, I wonder what would happen if anyone would ask questions about their own services?
Old 08-28-2010, 03:38 PM

CLK Black
You can get a SLS at below MSRP?
Old 08-28-2010, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C230 6speed/14 C63
So, as a sponsor, I would be able to go to KMart - but a lawn mower, then post online that I have a lawn mower for sale? I always knew sponsors had more leverage (understandably), but I was under the impression that the leverage was regarding their own product.

So here we are, one year later, and I can visit a few local MB dealers, and pay MSRP or less ... without having to TRY to ask a sponsor a question about his motives ... let alone pricing. If this seller can't answer questions regarding the product, I wonder what would happen if anyone would ask questions about their own services?
actually you can, thats why when we all buy wheels from a company and get tired of them we sell em..

such is not the case but with a car in such demand (to get on the list at a dealrship is a mission on its own) so the fact that they were able to get you a contract is ofcourse gonna cost you..

its an sls, if you cant afford it you shouldnt be arguing about price.
my $0.02
Old 08-29-2010, 07:01 AM

'11 997.2 Carrera GTS
Only supercar I'd pay retail or above is the McLaren MP4-12C.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63

The guy is trying to sell an SLS contract in the SLS forum. Sponsors sell their products and their services as well. As part of his business he buys and sells (collector) cars. It's still within the realm of his business and sponsorship. Your examples make no sense whatsoever. If you have a problem with it, report the post or PM a moderator or administrator.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLS/R197/C197 AMG: 2 SLS CONTRACTS AVAILABLE!