Smart Car Discussion on the Smart Car.

ED as fast as a C300 4Matic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart ED
ED as fast as a C300 4Matic?

Today after leaving the mall i pulled up next to a nice black C300 4Matic.

I checked out his car and he checked out mine, i had a feeling that he might have known about the ED because when the light turned green he took off but i also stepped on it and started pulling away from him but he was right behind me.

We accelerated against each other through 4 lights (speed limit 50). He switched lanes to get by me at the front of a light too. At the third light he started reving his engine. All the previous accelerations i wasn't using the kickdown mode (unleashes all horsepower and torque) and he wasnt beating me. This time i had a feeling that he was going to really step on it and he did so i used the kickdown and this time we were head to head till about 40 and i started pulling a little bit ahead of him but i got to 50 so i let off and he kept going. That time he accelerated way faster than the previous times so dont know if that was everything he had but if so then the smart ED is actually just as quick as a C300 4Matic? (0-50 that is)

Wish i could have recorded it
Old 06-14-2014, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 smarts cars
Originally Posted by Brandon EV

I checked out his car and he checked out mine, i had a feeling that he might have known about the ED because when the light turned green he took off but i also stepped on it and started pulling away from him but he was right behind me.

We accelerated against each other through 4 lights (speed limit 50). He switched lanes to get by me at the front of a light too. At the third light he started reving his engine. All the previous accelerations i wasn't using the kickdown mode (unleashes all horsepower and torque) and he wasnt beating me. This time i had a feeling that he was going to really step on it and he did so i used the kickdown and this time we were head to head till about 40 and i started pulling a little bit ahead of him but i got to 50 so i let off and he kept going. That time he accelerated way faster than the previous times so dont know if that was everything he had but if so then the smart ED is actually just as quick as a C300 4Matic? (0-50 that is)

Yes I'm happy with the pick up on my smart ed also
Old 07-10-2014, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by Brandon EV

Old thread but...

The ED is a E car meaning it has instant torque... So yes from 0- a certain low speed it has faster acceleration due to the lack of delay(Only thing I like about e cars) but basically in a "Race" you would loose every time....
Old 07-14-2014, 07:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 MBZ E450 Wagon, '19 BMW 530e
I just picked up a Smart ED last week and this is the unofficial stopwatch measurement....

0-50 mph is 6.7 on 100% with "kick-down switch"
but then going to 60 mph will take another few seconds ...

"kick-down switch"
100% throttle gives you 75% power
100% throttle until the button clicks 100% power