Notices

Great Indy Mercedes repair shop @ MB Mercedes Bimer in Charlotte / Huntersville NC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 and 1998 E320
Great Indy Mercedes repair shop @ MB Mercedes Bimer in Charlotte / Huntersville NC

I finally found a good independent here in the Charlotte / Huntersville, NC area after 2 years of looking having moved from Atlanta. I have three Mercedes (2003 S500, 2005 SL500 and a 1998 E320) so while I like to do whatever work I can myself obviously from time to time one of the cars will need servicing. The dealer in Atlanta was great but my experiences in NC have been both expensive and also not up to par on the service side.

In case anyone in the Charlotte area is interested there is a place in Huntersville called MB Mercedes Bimer. The owner’s name is Tony and the guy running the phone is usually Ray. Both of them were able to articulately speak to me about an Airmatic issue I was having on my S500 and the specific diagnostic process they would use to troubleshoot it. Having already studied the system myself I am not able to be BS’ed about it and two other Indy shops as well as the dealer just spouted out a bunch of nonsense. That earned them my business from the start. Add to the fact they typically match prices for parts you are bale to find on your own (A valve block and compressor in my case), charge a reasonable amount for labor and are there until 8pm every night and you can’t go wrong.

I typically dread finding someone to service my Mercedes and I know from being on here for a long time many of you do as well. I can only speak for my experience but if you are within reasonable distance of Charlotte NC, this is the place to go. I’m glad my two year search is over. The local dealer will not see a penny of my money again after trying to rip me off on my SL500 with an ABC issue that they wanted $2600 to fix that I took care of myself for $450. Making a profit is understandable. Gouging the public is not, hope this helps at least one of you out.

Robert
Old 02-17-2011, 04:34 PM

E55, E63
I'll bring this thread back to life and second this opinion. i went there today to have my DCT steering wheel installed (needed SRS light cleared as well). they were very open to enthusiast type mods, and welcomed my additional items (headers, H/E, etc). Tony is the owner, and he personal sat me down and showed me hooking autologic up to my car so we could enable video in motion on my euro command unit. Very cool!

Anyway, if you are in the charlotte area, i would give them a call. The young girl that answers the phone isn't very helpful, just ask to speak to Tony, and tell him this review from me (Chad) sent you there! He is open for STAR lowering, BPU upgrade installation, maintenance and really anything else!

Brothers in Indian Trail is very good as well, but if you live closer to Huntersville (North Charlotte), then MB is a great choice.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:53 AM

W204 2010 C300 Sport/6M
Got a phone number? I'm down in Columbia and will be doing Service B in about 6500 miles.