Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Something wierd going on with the forum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Something wierd going on with the forum?

I noticed some weird stuff going on in the forum such as some of the threads being in different areas... For one, the thread started by MLGOD was started originally in the ML(W163) section and it appeared in the OT area today when he has made his return and already passed this event A WHILE ago...

I thought I saw a thread in the Events section that was originally in OT, went back and it was gone

Figured I would bring this up for you folks in charge to look at, almost posted this in OT but figured this was appropriate are to post in
Old 09-04-2005, 01:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I moved it.

It's part of my clean up duties; putting threads in proper spots.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Normally when a moderator moves a thread to another forum, we leave a "re-direct" in the original forum so that the members know it's been moved. However, these re-directs do not move to the top with new posts, so in a busy forum, it's possible for these to move off of the current active page rather quickly.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
oh ok, so im guessing there are quite FEW threads that were moved in order to clean up some space around the forum and prolly the OT area has the most space?
Old 09-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
oh ok, so im guessing there are quite FEW threads that were moved in order to clean up some space around the forum and prolly the OT area has the most space?
I believe when you visit a forum, it gets marked as 'read' therfore it assumes you have seen any necesary redirects if needed and automatically removes them.

All forums have unlimited (well, until the harddrive itself fills up) space, but most threads initiated are usually Off Topic in nature and don't belong to any of the specific model discussion forums.

The amount of threads deleted and moved is a decent number, the hard part though is the amount of fourms moderators have to watch, which is very high.