Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Dealership complaint forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2006 | 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Possibly, but poor service ultimately is the responsibility of MB. In my case, a supposed "factory representative" claims the droning, clunking suspension/brakes, stumble on acceleration, and slow reacting/shuddering transmission are "normal for this model". If these annoyances are "normal", I'd like to know who added them into the W211 since they were not a part of the ownership experience I had with my W210? I base my complaints on the lack of these "normal" problems in my old E55. I'd really like to see the "Dealership Review" thread happen. There are those who will attack problems such as these (real or perceived) and attempt to do SOMETHING to help a customer with these types of issues. I'll be the first to recommend a dealer who will put my car on a lift and show me what exactly is "clunking" around and why they cannot fix it.
Old 08-14-2006 | 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Dealer sometimes just tells you it's "normal" to get rid of you fast. I have a strong feeling it's BS. Now this is the kind of pointer that we could use from this kind of forum. If I lived in your area, I'd avoid taking my MB to your dealer for a service.
I think poor service is not entirely the responsibility of MB. Sometimes it's the personnel. My service manager often took me to their shop to show me what the problems were, and he didn't need to ask anyone's permission.
Old 08-15-2006 | 03:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by 360_iti
Fast55, having a terrible ownership experience with your MB is a different story than having a bad experience with your dealer. This forum is intended to inform us about MB dealers, not MB. It's not intended to steer us away from MB, but to inform us which dealer we should call, and which one to avoid. Like you said, we're the one who make the decision to keep doing business with MB or not. But we could use some pointers on where to go once we decide to deal with MB.
I have a feeling that even after you had terrible experinces with your car, you might have a different view about MB if you went to another dealer who would step up and treat you right.
But are not the two connected, a fault with th car due to a manufacture or design problem should be resolved as painlessly as possible by the dealer.
MB USA has the final say in what the standards are at dealerships,I know there will always be some diff. but its sad that someone should have to be put out even more by travelling to another dealer(that may not be too big adeal in major cities but to ppl in more rural areas is is a problem.
It,s now some 20 years since Lexus and Infiniti raised the standards on what customer service should be(of course it was a big plus that their products were so reliable to begin with) yet MB still seems to be lagging.
I only just joined this group,but looking around the messages posted it seems MB needs to overhaul its customer experience both at the dealer and with MB Corp.
My own dealer experiences have been a somewhat mixed bag, however if I take into account the money I paid for the car to start with(compared to 2 other far less expensive cars in the household)the picture is less attractive.