Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

What Gives?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'00/'04 SLK230 Designo Copper, '17 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Ultimate
Thumbs down What Gives?!?!

The "Off Topic" area of MBWorld is becoming the same level of **** as Pointed Three. Is that where MBWorld wants to go? Let me know so I don't waste anymore time here.

And for those of you who think I'm whinning...whatever. Just proves that any moron can own a Mercedes Benz.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by DesignoSLK
The "Off Topic" area of MBWorld is becoming the same level of **** as Pointed Three. Is that where MBWorld wants to go? Let me know so I don't waste anymore time here.

And for those of you who think I'm whinning...whatever. Just proves that any moron can own a Mercedes Benz.
True, any moron can buy a Mercedes, but it takes a special kind of moron to think this OT is anything like P3 or BW... This is a bit too tame, IMO!
Old 09-19-2006, 02:40 PM
ON PROBATION

Whole site's gone downhill IMO....

Changing demographic?

Administration and moderation?

Or just another example of human group dynamics and the least common denominator?

Last edited by ClayJ; 09-19-2006 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
If you dont want to take part in the off topic then dont click on it.
As far as the "whole site "going down hill that is only your opinion .
Old 09-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Seems that a lot of the people posting these threads are the same people that like to complain a lot, not to mention some of the people posting in the thread....
Old 09-19-2006, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jayhawk
True, any moron can buy a Mercedes, but it takes a special kind of moron to think this OT is anything like P3 or BW... This is a bit too tame, IMO!
BW? You're kidding, right? Maybe we're not on the same sheet of music. While I'm not an advocate of any one site, I don't see how you can put BW in the same sentence with P3 regarding the **** that's making it to OT of MBWorld.

And to be clear, I'm not stating the whole site is going downhill. It isn't, just the OT area. I'm really not a prude, although I'm sure you think that because I've even said anything. I just don't get why you guys think it's OK to post perverted pictures and Penthouse-style letters. OT doesn't, or at least should, mean "anything goes". Or, maybe I'm wrong and the powers that be of MBWorld are OK with that. If that's the case, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong...it's not my place or desire. I just want to know if that's the direction it's going so I can invest my time elsewhere.

Originally Posted by AsianML
Seems that a lot of the people posting these threads are the same people that like to complain a lot, not to mention some of the people posting in the thread....
Asian, this is the first time I've said anything regarding what's tasteful or not. But since you brough it up. you're one of the people I would hope these "adults" would be trying to keep from being subject to some of the garbage in this areas. I can't imagine your folks would approve of some of it.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
BW? You're kidding, right? Maybe we're not on the same sheet of music. While I'm not an advocate of any one site, I don't see how you can put BW in the same sentence with P3 regarding the **** that's making it to OT of MBWorld.

And to be clear, I'm not stating the whole site is going downhill. It isn't, just the OT area. I'm really not a prude, although I'm sure you think that because I've even said anything. I just don't get why you guys think it's OK to post perverted pictures and Penthouse-style letters. OT doesn't, or at least should, mean "anything goes". Or, maybe I'm wrong and the powers that be of MBWorld are OK with that. If that's the case, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong...it's not my place or desire. I just want to know if that's the direction it's going so I can invest my time elsewhere.

Asian, this is the first time I've said anything regarding what's tasteful or not. But since you brough it up. you're one of the people I would hope these "adults" would be trying to keep from being subject to some of the garbage in this areas. I can't imagine your folks would approve of some of it.
Hey I respect your right to say anything you want, but I can tell you from personal experience (over 5,000 posts combined) that much, if not most of what gets posted on BW wouldn't last two minutes here. I have never been rebuked or reprimanded over there, but I have been called out several times and have had .jpg's pulled here that no one would even notice over there. You need to get a grip or get an education! This place is like a bloody monastery compared to most OT forums!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
Good point, my friend.

Did I mention that I may have had one of my GM's place an order for the Maybach Excelero (when it becomes available, of course) and that I can't wait for the next "Track Day" to take it out and run it next to the Bugatti Veyron?

Come to think of it, the OT is going downhill, fast!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Try using the "Report Post Moderator" function available on the left hand side of every single post.

If you think something violates the TOU, report it and the moderation team will look at it.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Asian was not talking about you he was refering to the person that chimed in after your post.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by RobertG
If you dont want to take part in the off topic then dont click on it.
As far as the "whole site "going down hill that is only your opinion .
Old 09-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
You're not even an official member? You haven't been around nearly long enough to have any idea of how this forum evolves, or to see the routine cycles of content through the years. How can you possibly say that you see a trend of decline in content on the forum when you have only been a member since June? I am afraid that at this point you don't have the necessary volume of information to make any correlation between what you are reading today, and what might indicate a long term decline in useful content.

It is 4 degrees warmer today than it was yesterday....must be global warming. Let's not investigate the past several million years of climate change. Let's just compare yesterday to today. This is very much what your argument sounds like.

Give the site an honest chance before you pass judgement.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good analogy.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
You're not even an official member? You haven't been around nearly long enough to have any idea of how this forum evolves, or to see the routine cycles of content through the years. How can you possibly say that you see a trend of decline in content on the forum when you have only been a member since June? I am afraid that at this point you don't have the necessary volume of information to make any correlation between what you are reading today, and what might indicate a long term decline in useful content.

It is 4 degrees warmer today than it was yesterday....must be global warming. Let's not investigate the past several million years of climate change. Let's just compare yesterday to today. This is very much what your argument sounds like.

Give the site an honest chance before you pass judgement.
Fair enough, and you're right. I just felt the Penthouse-style post was a bit much for tastefulness. That's all.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Good grief...

This is an off-topic forum where anything, within the TOU, is discussed. If a subject offends you or you don't want to participate, DO NOT CLICK ON THE THREAD!

ClayJ, as far as your reply - It comes as no surprise that you find that this site has only gone downhill, as it has...FOR YOU. Everybody and I mean everybody (and there are some stupid members that are a bit slower than others) had their wake up call to your continued fantasyland bullsh*t that you've spewed all over this site with your continued lies. Changing demographic??? hardly - We have MB owners, MB enthusiast and a resident POS liar. Things seem to be exactly the way they've been since I joined.

This forum is going to continue to suck for you until you come clean...It just won't fix itself. Consult one of your GM's...They'll concur
Old 09-21-2006, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Of course the demographic in the forum is chaging. Ever since ClayJ joined, the average income of forum members increased by a few million dollars a year. It dropped for a couple of weeks when the banhammer fell... talk about sleepless nights!
Old 09-22-2006, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Nola
Of course the demographic in the forum is chaging. Ever since ClayJ joined, the average income of forum members increased by a few million dollars a year. It dropped for a couple of weeks when the banhammer fell... talk about sleepless nights!
I have to say in my personal experience that very many useful small threads on how to do certain things have been pushed out of the forum archives because of monster threads like "tired of whoring" which force less popular but extremely useful threads to be deleted to save space.

If that is how it works then the "decline" has been in relevant content in exchange for babysitting.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by benzmodz
I have to say in my personal experience that very many useful small threads on how to do certain things have been pushed out of the forum archives because of monster threads like "tired of whoring" which force less popular but extremely useful threads to be deleted to save space.

If that is how it works then the "decline" has been in relevant content in exchange for babysitting.
Well you should've saved that page, or did a PrtScrn copy of it so you can refer to it later. Don't blame us for not figuring out ways of saving it. You KNEW that someday they would be pushed out, yet you did nothing to stop it.

BTW, there is an archive.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by benzmodz
but extremely useful threads to be deleted to save space.
We don't delete threads to save space. We only delete threads if they are spam unless I'm forgetting something.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Thumbs up

Agreed.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by Nola
Old 09-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by transferred
Agreed.
Off Topic goes in the direction which members take it. The moderation team will rather exercise 'judicial restraint' than take an active role.

No one likes an over zealous forum staff. The members don't like it because things start getting shut down, and the staff doesn't like it because it's extra work for them.

In the end, I want to re-state, Off Topic will head in a general direction that the members take it. Remember, you can always contribute your opinion by posting a new reply in a current thread, or even creating a new thread

And don't forget, the report post to moderator button is always next to each post if you feel that a certain post violates the TOU.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage

Just now seeing this thread... The Staff is currently discussing the Pointed Three thread I believe you refer to.

Personally, I agree with you that this "joke" thread is over the top, as we do have members who don't want to read the kind of language in that thread, which I feel does violate the TOU. However, I am just one vote.

We are awaiting a ruling, and will take appropriate action when received.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
Just now seeing this thread... The Staff is currently discussing the Pointed Three thread I believe you refer to.

Personally, I agree with you that this "joke" thread is over the top, as we do have members who don't want to read the kind of language in that thread, which I feel does violate the TOU. However, I am just one vote.

We are awaiting a ruling, and will take appropriate action when received.
There's a PointedThree thread?
Old 09-24-2006, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
There's a PointedThree thread?
I can't tell if he's talking about a "P3 thread" or the P3 site, and, a joke thread here. I must have missed either or both... Or like so many threads (that I consider "dumb") I took one look and just moved on, which is what I think most of us do. I don't understand why someone would continue to monitor, or even join, a thread that looks dumb, bad, or worse.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.