Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

MODERATORS: This thread is being ruined!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series Coupe
MODERATORS: This thread is being ruined!

Please help with the following. I've been active on this forum, first in the E55 forum and (now that my E55 is sold and I have a ML63 on order) currently on the ML63 board.

My experience is that trolls quickly destroy a board if not dealt with. There are three posters -- thericker, redc55amg, and BlackSRT8 -- that have been allowed to run rampant on the ML63 forum. Their posts are nearly always antagonistic and disruptive. Please look at their recent post history and you'll see what I mean: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...=176580&page=2

I have contacted the moderator, vraa, to try and get this dealt with. Though I place these posters on my ignore list and don't respond to their insults, I will no longer be contributing to the board. I just don't have the time to make significant contributions (and I believe I am a beneficial part of the thread) in a hostile environment. The moderator's response to my complaints was that I was equally to blame, despite the fact that I ignore most of these posters and try to post in a non-inflammatory fashion.

It is my opinion that the moderators need to take a more aggressive stance towards trolls. In a perfect world (hah!) I'd like to see a sticky at the top of each board that details a strict "No Trolls!" policy, including instructions to members on how to ignore these people so that they wither and die. If not, this forum -- which has been a great resource for me on my E55 -- will wither and die as contributors like me disappear.

One more point. When you have a larger body of owners -- as on the E55/E63 board -- there is enough critical mass for the board to survive this type of behavior. With the ML63 the owner body is quite small; as a result these trolls have a far greater -- and more damaging -- effect.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Staff has suspended one member for excessive vulgarity, and warned another by name, and others by association. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We try to maintain some sense of civility here. People who let their typing get ahead of their thinking should not ruin the atmosphere enjoyed by the vast majority.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
there are 2 people with similar names

BlackSRT8 (cool)
the other is
BlackSRT8. (period) who is being an *******.

just so you guys dont **** the wrong one over
Old 01-20-2007, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by AMG_55
there are 2 people with similar names

BlackSRT8 (cool)
the other is
BlackSRT8. (period) who is being an *******.

just so you guys dont **** the wrong one over
Aha- i was getting confused. Good spot