Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.
View Poll Results: Relax! It's about to get hot in here... Are you ready for Summer?
It's hot enough, pursue a conviction and punishment...
20.00%
I like it cold, just forget about it and move on...
10.00%
It's warming up, let the moderators deal with it...
0%
Get a life, it's just the internet...
70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Ranting....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1992 190E 2.6L
Ranting....

RANT

I want to say to the moderators and administrators, much respect, because I know what it takes to run an online forum.(A LOT)

But please understand, I am disgusted at how other's who think just because they've been here a long time or have posted a million bazillion post's or thread, that THEY have the right to slam NEWBIES.

Newbies or not, some people may be new to the forum and to treat them any differently because of a title on their call name is disrespectful. In some cases, I'm not a newbie on cars and knowledge, I just never been on the board. As a member of other boards/forums, I went in there for information and knowledge. I didn't go in to chit-chat or slander anyone.

So recently, I began to get more involved with postings and threads. I'm even doing more research learning from other's experiences and posting mine as well. I'm pretty sure that's what this was all about.

What I'm about to rant about makes me feel like a snitch, but how could you guys allow this "NEWBIE's" thread to get hijacked and be poked fun at a even insulted.(sorry, edited: I removed the link)

Granted, he got upset and unprofessionally lashed back, but what else would any human being do, when he/she feels like they're getting raped.(excuse my french)

This totally discourage newer members to continue enjoying what these forums are for. Trust me, I used to run an international magazine website, that had a message board/chat room/forum. It was tough, and you can't please everyone. Let alone, you can't control everyone.

This person will probably never login in again, who know might even consider trolling or creating multiple account logins and just start creating havoc. It's the new kid in school syndrome. It's like f**king high school sometimes in here.

These veterans are the ones acting like newbies. Hey!!! I respect your knowledge and commitment to the forum!!! But don't act like a conceded pompus arrogant snob, just because you have the $$$ to spend on your car or that you've posted a million bazillion threads on how to wash you car in the rain...

WTF!!!

For example; The Rose Bowl meet was cool for the Southern Californians, but pages and pages about someone peeling out, give me a break. It was humurous at first, then it became ongoing, Ugh...
Then there were some insults about C-Klasses Vs. Whatever... It's a clique, get over it!

Everyone likes to believe they're open minded and kewl.... but truly they are arrogant people in here that actually think they're exhaust don't stink!

I met some really down to earth people, but I guess since I am a newbie to the meets and the POSTS, I wasn't IN on the certain individuals, the reputations of others, the POLITICS in the past. Who gives a sh*t!!!

I was there to check out rides and ideas.

Anyways, just dropping a dime, my 2 cents is free, give the 8% to Uncle Sam!

/RANT

Last edited by jgajito; 05-17-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Chill out, Newb.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:51 AM

1992 190E 2.6L
Originally Posted by transferred
Chill out, Newb.
it felt goooood....

Old 05-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Sometimes knowing someone's history on the forum is a good thing...
Old 05-23-2007, 07:36 PM

1993 Cutlass Ciera SL w/ 3300 Buick Engine
Originally Posted by jgajito
RANT

I want to say to the moderators and administrators, much respect, because I know what it takes to run an online forum.(A LOT)

But please understand, I am disgusted at how other's who think just because they've been here a long time or have posted a million bazillion post's or thread, that THEY have the right to slam NEWBIES.

Newbies or not, some people may be new to the forum and to treat them any differently because of a title on their call name is disrespectful. In some cases, I'm not a newbie on cars and knowledge, I just never been on the board. As a member of other boards/forums, I went in there for information and knowledge. I didn't go in to chit-chat or slander anyone.

So recently, I began to get more involved with postings and threads. I'm even doing more research learning from other's experiences and posting mine as well. I'm pretty sure that's what this was all about.

What I'm about to rant about makes me feel like a snitch, but how could you guys allow this "NEWBIE's" thread to get hijacked and be poked fun at a even insulted.(sorry, edited: I removed the link)

Granted, he got upset and unprofessionally lashed back, but what else would any human being do, when he/she feels like they're getting raped.(excuse my french)

This totally discourage newer members to continue enjoying what these forums are for. Trust me, I used to run an international magazine website, that had a message board/chat room/forum. It was tough, and you can't please everyone. Let alone, you can't control everyone.

This person will probably never login in again, who know might even consider trolling or creating multiple account logins and just start creating havoc. It's the new kid in school syndrome. It's like f**king high school sometimes in here.

These veterans are the ones acting like newbies. Hey!!! I respect your knowledge and commitment to the forum!!! But don't act like a conceded pompus arrogant snob, just because you have the $$$ to spend on your car or that you've posted a million bazillion threads on how to wash you car in the rain...

WTF!!!

For example; The Rose Bowl meet was cool for the Southern Californians, but pages and pages about someone peeling out, give me a break. It was humurous at first, then it became ongoing, Ugh...
Then there were some insults about C-Klasses Vs. Whatever... It's a clique, get over it!

Everyone likes to believe they're open minded and kewl.... but truly they are arrogant people in here that actually think they're exhaust don't stink!

I met some really down to earth people, but I guess since I am a newbie to the meets and the POSTS, I wasn't IN on the certain individuals, the reputations of others, the POLITICS in the past. Who gives a sh*t!!!

I was there to check out rides and ideas.

Anyways, just dropping a dime, my 2 cents is free, give the 8% to Uncle Sam!

/RANT
we all went trough this ... we were all newbs at one point ...
i get your point but come on ... is just tha intar webzz
Old 05-24-2007, 08:28 PM

1992 190E 2.6L
Originally Posted by Berger Stahl
i get your point but come on ... is just tha intar webzz
Ohhh... no wories, I'm over it...

It's funny cause, after seeing threads like "...whoring..." I realize that there are sooooo many posers in here that try to steal respect by stealing threads...

At this point, it's "whatever"...

Thanks for the feedback guys, obviously the mature crowd repsonds to this, not the a-mateur crowd...

Keep on Drivin'!
Old 05-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Originally Posted by Berger Stahl
Yup!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Old 06-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Old 06-04-2007, 02:30 AM

1992 190E 2.6L
Originally Posted by JRAMGV8
back at ya! ...and john woo style too!
Attached Images   
Old 06-04-2007, 03:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

back at ya! ...and john woo style too!
That message wasn't for you... just thougth of putting it there. And yes he's a great Director!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:29 PM

1992 190E 2.6L
just havin a little fun with the smiley's...
Old 06-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

just havin a little fun with the smiley's...
Exactly!!! I'm like you, I hate rants.. I just avoid them.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
I like rants. I get to release my anger on the forum, instead of on my brother.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by AsianML
Whatever works for you!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by JRAMGV8
Whatever works for you!!!
Didn't work. Just took out some more anger on my brother.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:00 PM

1992 190E 2.6L
Originally Posted by AsianML
I had a little brother, he grew up... now he's bigger... don't call him little anymore...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
I had a little brother, he grew up... now he's bigger... don't call him little anymore...
My little brother has 15-20 pounds on me. He's 'bigger,' but I'm taller and have longer legs.