Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Follow-Up and Sorting Information Requirement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2008 | 06:41 PM

03 W203, 13 E350, 13 W204, 14 C218
Follow-Up and Sorting Information Requirement?

When searching and asking questions I come across too many post that are never followed up by the asker or have pages and pages of information or information blended in with conversation.

How about when a problem is solved the author is required to follow up by editing the original post (at the top) stating what was the problem and how it was fixed (if it was) and then other suggestions that users posted as well, and then change the title of the post to the problem and in quotations (solved) or (unsolved)

You all scream about being organized...that would be very organized

(Hypothetical Situation)

Example of format:

Title: Breaks Squealing (Solved)

Problem: Breaks Squealing when coming to a stop and I tried replacing the brake pads

How Problem Was Solved: I took a hammer and smacked it against the break (i know nothing about breaks, remember this is a hypothetical situation).

Other Suggestions By Users:

1. Use a different break pad

2. Make sure the sruface is not wet or nothing is stuck in between this happend to my brother once.

3. Same problem give a call to phil at break stop plus he did it for a great price

Anyone get what im saying? I mean im no genius but i think this would be a great way to optimize searches just my 2cents though...i mean if someone fixed a problem due to help from the forums the list they can do is sort the information right?
Old 10-15-2008 | 07:02 PM

03 W203, 13 E350, 13 W204, 14 C218
oh and i hate searching for my problem and then going to a topic where i think i found my problem but instead seeing STFF!