Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

* * V12 Biturbo FORUM - MODS/ADMINS PLEASE READ! * *

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Originally Posted by Oxygen
Correct, it's not unique to one specific model. But it's between 3 different models of cars, not like the other cars where the same engine is spread out across the whole model line up.
To me it makes no difference if it's between 2 models or 20. If it's relevant info, then so be it. Tomorrow there may be 10 models with V12TT.

That's an okay idea, but the Technical Forums are a long ways down on the list, and people might miss the forum when they first join the site as the majority of traffic is concentrated on top and in the Off-Topic forum discussing how horrible Obama is.. Once again, I am not looking to discuss so much "issues" on this forum.. more so ideas, statistics and technical information.
Let's separate where something should belong from where that forum is on the "list". So are you objecting solely on where the Tech forums are located? Because it sounds to me this forum would be mainly "tech" related.

So what's your suggestion on where this forum should be located?

Like I said the SL, CL and the S-Class are very similar machines with different skin on them. Engine, Transmission, Suspension, etc... is pretty identical, but is spread across 8 different forums on here and has the opposite effect of a "MB Community"
We can make a case for many similarities and we can make forums all day long based on those. To me, if there's a big demand for specific information, then we should consider it.

I'm not sure why this whole thing has to be such a big deal... this forum is FOR the members and runs because of the members here, so why would the administration not cater to the members that support this forum?
I don't think anyone is trying to make it a big deal. But we are having a discussion here arent' we? Or were you just asking to "make it happen"? Listen, I totally support doing what's best for the community, and it sounds like there is a demand for this forum, so I'm on board. But there needs to be a little more thought into this. Like what specific topics would this forum cover versus their respective chassis forum? Do we remove those models from the respective chassis forums all together and just put them all under one forum? These are the things I think about which also have an effect on members and an "MB Community".
Old 09-22-2009, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
I thought the CL63 and S63 were not part of the W215/W220 chassis...
Correct, they are not. The CL AMG forum is labeled W215/W216. The S AMG forums is labeled W220/W221. Am I missing something here?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
Correct, they are not. The CL AMG forum is labeled W215/W216. The S AMG forums is labeled W220/W221. Am I missing something here?
Yes, in a way. Why are the C classes split up? My guess is so that relevant information is shared, traffic is up, and less "stuff" is lost in the jumble. This is similar to what we are asking for...except with an engine rather than a chassis...does that make sense?

But there needs to be a little more thought into this. Like what specific topics would this forum cover versus their respective chassis forum? Do we remove those models from the respective chassis forums all together and just put them all under one forum? These are the things I think about which also have an effect on members and an "MB Community".
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong...but I think we are mostly looking for a place to discuss/share information regarding the M275 and it's related drivetrain.

Last edited by FormulaZR; 09-22-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Founder

Yes, in a way. Why are the C classes split up? My guess is so that relevant information is shared, traffic is up, and less "stuff" is lost in the jumble. This is similar to what we are asking for...except with an engine rather than a chassis...does that make sense?
They are split up because there is A LOT more content for C63 than for CL63 or S63. I do understand what you guys are asking and I'm not disagreeing. Like I said if there's enough content and/or demand to warrant on it's own forum, then I support it. But UNLIKE how we split the C-Class forums by chassis, you are asking to split by engine across chassis, which makes it a "tech" and not a "chassis" forum. So where would you like it since someone mentioned it would get lost among the tech forums given the location of the tech forums. I don't agree with that entirely. Case in point, Off-Topic forum. We can always place links to this forum from the respective chassis forums.

But again, I haven't really heard any other suggestions...
Old 09-22-2009, 12:40 PM

Yes
They are split up because there is A LOT more content for C63 than for CL63 or S63. I do understand what you guys are asking and I'm not disagreeing. Like I said if there's enough content and/or demand to warrant on it's own forum, then I support it. But UNLIKE how we split the C-Class forums by chassis, you are asking to split by engine across chassis, which makes it a "tech" and not a "chassis" forum. So where would you like it since someone mentioned it would get lost among the tech forums given the location of the tech forums. I don't agree with that entirely. Case in point, Off-Topic forum. We can always place links to this forum from the respective chassis forums.

I never asked for a chassis split! I only used the C63 section as a reference to make our point. As for location...as long as the information can be shared I couldn't care less where it is!
Old 09-22-2009, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
So where would you like it since someone mentioned it would get lost among the tech forums given the location of the tech forums. I don't agree with that entirely. Case in point, Off-Topic forum. We can always place links to this forum from the respective chassis forums.

Alright I see the point, there is no difference where it's physically located on the board.

Let's put it under the technical section.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
Listen.. the reason I brought this up was because I happend to stumble into the SL AMG forum by accident and happened to watch Akademik's video with his car where he mentioned he had a CAI.. I would have never known this. If we had this forum he would have posted this up and all of us could have had CAIs by now...

It is true, I had no idea where to post it so I just didn't. And when I made the video, I went ahead and put it with the big dogs at the AMG SL section... although my car isn't really an AMG.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Banned

SL600
Alright I see the point, there is no difference where it's physically located on the board.

Let's put it under the technical section.
No, I say it stays at the top. Putting it down at the bottom is like building the worlds greatest building... in Croatia. No one is going to care. It has to be somewhere in the top section, and could be labeled something like:

"S, SL, CL (V12TT) - Discuss the twin turbo V12 platform shared between the respective models"

...along those lines. Just my opinion of course.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by Akademiks
"S, SL, CL (V12TT) - Discuss the twin turbo V12 platform shared between the respective models"
Even better.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:06 PM

Yes
It would be kinda cool if there were separate powertrain sections just underneath the site announcements section for the M275, 6.2L AMG, and 5.5L AMG S/C

My guess is with enough people collaborating we could get a Benz under 10.58 in short order!

Last edited by FormulaZR; 09-22-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong...but I think we are mostly looking for a place to discuss/share information regarding the M275 and it's related drivetrain.

Yes, from what I can tell, the people pushing for this would be interested in exactly that.

The good news is, it sounds like they're receptive to the idea of doing 'something' for us. Let's try to give ideas in a civilized, NO CAPS SHOUTING, manner and I think they'll facilitate.

But yeah, don't bury us on the bottom of the forum. I've never been to Croatia, and I'm not really interested either.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Great Ideas guys, I'll add mine.... Def agree we would benefit from an additional forum located @ the top of the boards...Literally right above the C63 AMG listing. I.E.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mercedes-Benz M275 V12-Biturbo Vehicles
S65/S600/SL65/SL600/CL65/CL600
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles
C63 AMG (W204)

I believe leaving all other AMG/non-AMG sub-forums in place would be fine as they are truly ALL over the map w/content mostly involving 55 Kompressor's or 500 models.

Last edited by Thericker; 09-22-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Great analogy bud!!

Originally Posted by Akademiks
No, I say it stays at the top. Putting it down at the bottom is like building the worlds greatest building... in Croatia. No one is going to care. It has to be somewhere in the top section
Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
Great Ideas guys, I'll add mine.... Def agree we would benefit from an additional forum located @ the top of the boards...Literally right above the C63 AMG listing. I.E.
C63 AMG (W204)
That would look great and perfect description.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by Thericker
C63 AMG (W204)
I 2nd this configuration. But the SL600 should be listed first. Because well.....it's the best one.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 AM

Yes
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
I 2nd this configuration. But the SL600 should be listed first. Because well.....it's the best one.

Oh good grief...some people's kids...
Old 09-23-2009, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Founder

Ok good discussion. But not to burst your bubble, but it's not going to be at the top of the boards And again, PLEASE let's separate where something SHOULD belong from where in the list it belongs. The top forums are chassis forums. Placing a forum that's not a chasis forum because you don't want it down below is not a good reason. There are ways we can get people to ANY forum if there's enough interest. Again, look at Off-Topic.

My suggestion is to place it where it belongs under "Tech" and we can create an announcement and even a STICKY at the top of the relevant forums linking to it for V12TT tech.

I'm good with this description:
"S, SL, CL (V12TT) - Discuss the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo platform shared between the respective models"

As it specifies the discussion pertains to the V12TT. We can add the specific models below that. Again, the forum needs to be specific to its discussion, otherwise it gets confusing given there still exists a chassis forum for those models.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:02 PM

Yes
Ok good discussion. But not to burst your bubble, but it's not going to be at the top of the boards And again, PLEASE let's separate where something SHOULD belong from where in the list it belongs. The top forums are chassis forums. Placing a forum that's not a chasis forum because you don't want it down below is not a good reason. There are ways we can get people to ANY forum if there's enough interest. Again, look at Off-Topic.

My suggestion is to place it where it belongs under "Tech" and we can create an announcement and even a STICKY at the top of the relevant forums linking to it for V12TT tech.

"S, SL, CL (V12TT) - Discuss the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo platform shared between the respective models"

As it specifies the discussion pertains to the V12TT. We can add the specific models below that. Again, the forum needs to be specific to its discussion, otherwise it gets confusing given there still exists a chassis forum for those models.

HAHA...the bolded part sounds like a Godfather movie line or something...but seriously, good points; and I think it's a reasonable compromise for all parties!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

SL600
HAHA...the bolded part sounds like a Godfather movie line or something...but seriously, good points; and I think it's a reasonable compromise for all parties!
Meh, compromises are for lesser beings-- it's why we all went with Mercedes. But, if were not getting it at the top then I suppose Tech will have to do. Sorry Oxygen, we tried! Sean, great description too!

So when is it being created?
Old 09-23-2009, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S600TT, LX470 SuperCharged, QX4, BMW 750IL
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
I agree. It should be at the top!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55AMG, SL600
I think this is a fantastic idea Oxygen! I have gotten great info, but I have book marks that are all over different forum. Hopefully we will have this soon!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 S65 AMG

Simon- thanks! That sounds good to me.

When will this be setup?
Old 09-25-2009, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 S65 AMG
Well?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Founder

Simon- thanks! That sounds good to me.

When will this be setup?
I will get it setup this weekend.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:28 AM

Yes
I will get it setup this weekend.
Excellent!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: * * V12 Biturbo FORUM - MODS/ADMINS PLEASE READ! * *