Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Radio in E-class(2003)not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E240
Radio in E-class(2003)not working

2003 W211 E240 Radio won't work!
Hi, can anyone help me or has anyone had this problem!
When I turn on radio/cassette player A211 820 08 79, all I get is six dashs on screen (------) which turn off after a minute, it is also connected to a cd changer and a phone.
I have tried replaced the radio with exact same model, but have the same result.
After reading other threads, I see that maybe a coupler can be used to bypass the cd unit which I suspect is the problem.If so what is the part number for the coupler ?
Or will I have to get new software upgrade for the audio gateway and head unit ?
I am a newbee from Ireland and would like to thank anyone who can solve this problem.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E320 & X166
Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem and not much luck.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:46 AM

E240
Hi Gersh 320,
I gave up in the end. Asked a couple of friends of mine who are all mehanics and they had no answers. Asked local merc dealer and they gave all radio problems to private guy to fix, Rang him and explained the problem. sent radio to him, but he couldn't solve problem. I told him they were all interconnected and you can't get radio to work without been connected to the cd changer and phone, but if he could fit couplers to bypass either one or both then the radio should work. He wanted to take the car for a week and had never came accross this problem before. At this stage I had lost all faith in this guy and just havent got round to finding someone else.
I hope you get on better then I have and if you do it would be great if you could post results.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:25 PM

91 300E mercedes benz
91 Mercedes Benz

Radio in the 91 300E Mercedes Benz is not working. I touch the power button and the antennae comes up and I see WA 1 on the display but that is all.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:16 PM

E320
I still have not resolved the issue. Too afraid to try. I'm guessing its one of two things: fiber cable unplugged on the cd changer tray or software.