Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

MODERATORS....take the hint!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frisco,

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to that end I respect and appreciate you for expressing your own. But I am not spamming, or being ignorant, you should be more receptive to the actions of ppl outside your usual forum category...if you think the admins were doing such a wonderful job and were right in their actions, then I doubt the majority of the C-Class members would have left, and they would have seen it in your light as well. That section of the forum is dead, most ppl have already moved to "the other place" for obvious reasons.

MY PMs have been cleared, my profile edited/sig removed all without prior notice or permission. My priveleges have been taken at the fancy of admin who cant even follow their own TOA. Be wary of your own privacy and priveleges Frisco, and when their TOA turns on you, then maybe, you will understand where I'm coming from.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
**edited**

Old 02-27-2004, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally posted by mbphreak
Frisco,

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to that end I respect and appreciate you for expressing your own. But I am not spamming, or being ignorant, you should be more receptive to the actions of ppl outside your usual forum category...if you think the admins were doing such a wonderful job and were right in their actions, then I doubt the majority of the C-Class members would have left, and they would have seen it in your light as well. That section of the forum is dead, most ppl have already moved to "the other place" for obvious reasons.

MY PMs have been cleared, my profile edited/sig removed all without prior notice or permission. My priveleges have been taken at the fancy of admin who cant even follow their own TOA. Be wary of your own privacy and priveleges Frisco, and when their TOA turns on you, then maybe, you will understand where I'm coming from.
While some of the issues are valid and some are not, we are always evaluating the site and what is good for the site as a whole. Net/net, if you don't like the site, you are welcome to leave also. You seem to simply want to create problems rather then be the least bit productive. I have personally had over 100 e-mails and PM's and even a few people come to my office asking me to ban you personally due to your complete disrespect for anyone who does not agree with you. Some have left, and most of those were trouble makers. The silent majority remain, and are in fact a bit happier to have many of these constant disrupters gone.

Thanks

Brad
Old 02-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Banned

Yea, sounds great to me. I'm glad you made ppl like Vomit and CLKAL and many others like them a bit happier here...go read their posts and come back to me, tell me honestly to my face, my remarks are more disrespectful than theirs. Good luck with your "happier minority".

I actually don't mind being banned, that's not even what got me outraged to begin with. The whimsical altering of the TOA to meet a specific admin's fancies is what put me on this ranting rampage. And I've not spammed, nor have I gone thread happy and posted this nonsense in every section. Bottomline is if my sig is removed, I want to see similar enforcement of the TOA claimed by Mr. Mach430 on every other member with the .org .com .net references in their sig, and don't tell me the www prefix makes it different, you and I both know that's bs. you can try mbworld.org in your browser and it'll still open. you can try mbklasse.com and it'll open. you can try evosport.com and it'll open.

If the other sigs with similar references are ignored and unedited, then I kindly ask that I be allowed with my sig.

And Mr Mach430, if you need so much time to give just one response, claiming it has drained you of whatever time you have to patrol the .com .net .org reference sigs, then I guess you must probably be from the lower IQ percentile of the community.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Banned

Oh btw, I have this excerpt of the toa kndly provided by Mach430:

Re: Signature

Linking to other Mercedes message forums is not permitted in our TOU. If you know of others doing so, please let me know. Here is an excerpt from our TOU:

You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that advertising on MBWorld.org will only be permitted by officially recognized site sponsors and advertisers. Advertising includes, but is not limited to, direct and indirect solicitation of business in posts, business contact information, use of corporate logos, or use of any language or image that can be construed as an advertisement. Posting is defined by posts in forums, signature files, personal messages and e-mails sent from MBWorld.org. Examples of what is not allowed as per this policy:

signatures with member's corporate information, including but not limited to name, number, description of work offered and corporate logos or graphic images.
non personal party 'for sale' posts.
repetitive posting of graphic images with corporate logos inserted.

The owners and administrators of MBWorld.org Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

PLEASE NOTE THE UNDERLINED SECTION OF YOUR TOA Can you kindly tell me how you would know if someone is advertising through PRIVATE MESSAGES if you weren't READING THEM, LOGGING INTO THEIR ACCOUNTS?

Another lie, all exposed by your own panel...maybe you can finally agree that bending the TOA to meet your own personal agenda hurts you as much as it hurts the community? Then maybe we can move on?
Old 02-27-2004, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Founder

As it has been stated over and over - it is IMPOSSIBLE to log into anyone's account. We have evidence of PM violations only as they are forwarded to moderators (which occurs VERY often).

Thank you for allowing me to explain this.

Thanks

Brad
Old 02-27-2004, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Well, after reading all this stuff and commenting I must just say one thing in MBWORLD's defense. This is a privately owned free forum. So with that said, I would like to point out that this gives the owners the right to do whatever they want on this forum and read whatever PM's they would like if they like since it is there server and they are paying for the hosting. As an Admin I have every right, no matter how anyone feels, to look at anyone withing our companies e-mail and files if requested by the owners. Since they own all the hardware, software, and wiring and it is there business they can do what they want. There is no privacy on the net or on a system you do not own and control, this is just the way it is. So as for changing the TOA at there whim and if they actually did read or delete PM's the owners can do that as they have every right to do so. Now it may not be the right thing to do, but it is there perogative.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by mctwin2kman
Well, after reading all this stuff and commenting I must just say one thing in MBWORLD's defense. This is a privately owned free forum. So with that said, I would like to point out that this gives the owners the right to do whatever they want on this forum and read whatever PM's they would like if they like since it is there server and they are paying for the hosting. As an Admin I have every right, no matter how anyone feels, to look at anyone withing our companies e-mail and files if requested by the owners. Since they own all the hardware, software, and wiring and it is there business they can do what they want. There is no privacy on the net or on a system you do not own and control, this is just the way it is. So as for changing the TOA at there whim and if they actually did read or delete PM's the owners can do that as they have every right to do so. Now it may not be the right thing to do, but it is there perogative.
Man it sucks to be an admin. Well, I guess they've gotta do what they've gotta do.

Do I get to keep my sig btw? I still see a lot of benzworld.org, cardomain.com, sounddomain.com sigs...

Last edited by mbphreak; 02-27-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Do I get to keep my sig btw? I still see a lot of benzworld.org, cardomain.com, sounddomain.com sigs...
IIRC those sites automatically put a layer with their address on it.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally posted by vraa
IIRC those sites automatically put a layer with their address on it.
Yep I know. But that doesn't change the fact that quote "references to competing websites" unquote, are being displayed.

If my sig with mbklasse.com goes, they all have to go. It's keeping consistent with the TOA which the admin is adament about/claiming to be always doing.

Still haven't seen those sigs removed admin. Please do advise, can you just let me put my sig back up?
Old 02-27-2004, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What did you sig look like before it was yanked? I do not recall there being a link or name in it, but that could have been three siugs ago for all I know. Oh and Phreak, just because I commented as I did does not mean I agree with there way of handling this situation. From a business prospective it was wrong how things are being handled, and this is a busines as it collects monies from sponsors and allows sponsors to advertise there stuff. So it could have all been handled better. I would like to think there was a lesson learned on both sides of the fence but that remains to be seen from the owners/moderators side. Of course only time will tell what damage, if any, has been done to the forum due to all this stuff.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Banned

All versions had: scrolling text of all my mods, and a still frame with "mbklasse.com" at the bottom.

1 change which wouldn't and shouldn't make a difference, was an addition of www prefix to the mbklasse.com. I NEVER HAD IT LINKING TO ANY SITE, it was a non-linking sig, which had no href tags to mbklasse.

Important change was that I just downsized my later version so that it would not take much loading, that was my courtesy to mbworld, but as you can see, not even noted or cared for.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Oh and Phreak, just because I commented as I did does not mean I agree with there way of handling this situation. From a business prospective it was wrong how things are being handled, and this is a busines as it collects monies from sponsors and allows sponsors to advertise there stuff. So it could have all been handled better.
I don't understand why you think the situation was handled poorly. This user requested that his signature be reviewed. It was. He was informed that by listing another MB forum, we considered it a violation of the TOU. That was when he started the thread on the other forum, which started this whole incident. What happened to:

"Let me know if it's a violation before banning me, I will gladly edit."
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=61439

This is what he considers "gladly edit"?

What about these posts from the other forum:

"check this sig out. Im out to **** them off dude! hahaa"

"I just like pissing them off It's almost as good as sex. hahahaha"
"Imma make my banner for mbworld even larger so it takes ppl forever to load! hahaha"
I think in spite of us ALL knowing that this person's intention was to disrupt our forum, he has been treated quite fairly.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Banned

The fact is I didn't make my sig bigger. It is much smaller, actions speak louder than words.

Stop avoiding my Q. Have you removed all the other .com .net .org referenced sigs or not? If not I don't see why my sig can't be used.

Don't choose to highlight info only in your favor. Whenever I quoted info you have presented to me I cut n paste the whole thing.

I DID GLADLY EDIT from the previous "View my car at mbklasse.com"
"Pics of my car, image hosting by mbklasse"
"view pics of my car"

ALL GOT TAKEN DOWN though I don't see why you could do that to mine and not the other .nets .coms and .orgs. Then mixed answers from your admin, so I posted my new sig on a thread so it can be viewed by you...so I should interpret the mixed responses together as a whole and say it's a "maybe"? hmm go figure.

Oh thanks for digging up more crap about yourselves, here's the official link with COMPLETE word for word/unadulterated info for all you ppl interested:

http://www.mbklasse.com/forums/showt...hlight=mbworld

Hmph if you ask me, not much to disrupt if you had just followed your TOA as closely as you've claimed to but obviously haven't.

Last edited by mbphreak; 02-27-2004 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Banned

Bantha
Originally posted by mbphreak

Stop avoiding my Q. Have you removed all the other .com .net .org referenced sigs or not? If not I don't see why my sig can't be used.
Speaking subjectively this is a valid point that I didn't see addressed. Can someone in an official position please address this point. Are these allowed or aren't they?
Old 02-27-2004, 06:01 PM

Can I ask, why this whole thread is not is an off-topic section somewhere?

Also...... is there a forum for older folks... I seem to have stumbled into a younger, easily agitated forum.....

I just like reading about the cars, in my personal opinion reading about TOS or TOA rules is boring... and guess what... argueing about is even more stupid.

Im going to step out on a limb... and see if I got this straight...

This is a private forum, goverened by the sponsors which we all have to choice to either stay or leave? Does that sum it up?
Old 02-27-2004, 06:02 PM

Wow... that was strange... how did that happen... ok, I guess it is in off topic... (Could have sworn I was reading this in 203)
Old 02-27-2004, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Founder

LOL - no worries! Someone might have moved it!

Your points are all valid!

Thanks

Brad
Old 02-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by otoupalik
LOL - no worries! Someone might have moved it!

Your points are all valid!

Thanks

Brad
Err ok, you can sing praises but you still can't answer my Q of whether your panel has removed all the .com .net .org referenced sigs?

IF THOSE SIGS ARE STILL UNREMOVED *which seems to still be the case*, I ASSUME BY "MAJORITY RULE" my sig is alright? and you were wrong to take it down?
Old 02-27-2004, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by revstriker
I don't understand why you think the situation was handled poorly. This user requested that his signature be reviewed. It was. He was informed that by listing another MB forum, we considered it a violation of the TOU. That was when he started the thread on the other forum, which started this whole incident. What happened to:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=61439

This is what he considers "gladly edit"?

What about these posts from the other forum:

I think in spite of us ALL knowing that this person's intention was to disrupt our forum, he has been treated quite fairly.
For one I was reffering to the whole Kineda thing leading to the downturn of the W203 forum and all this other crap that is following. And what do those statements made on another forum have to do with MBWORLD? That is the second time I have seen a Mod/Admin make a statement based on something posted on another Forum. And if you had a sense of humor you would have understood why someone may make those comments instead of using them against that user. I am sure those comments were read at MBKLASSE and then you probably removed phreaks sig. What is said on another forum should not have anything to do with MBWORLD......
Old 02-27-2004, 07:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
**SOLD***2003 E500
Wow, You guys owe me fifteen minutes !

I thought something educational and or insightful would come from this thread. Boy was I wrong. Mbphreak, regardless of how you feel (And I'm pretty sure I know where you stand), you do not own the forum nor makeup or even contribute to the rules. It really is this simple. If the owners want to choose who can have links and or text in a signature. They can. They can even decide to never let you post again, and keep everyone else!!! I hope this is getting through to you. This is not the only road in town to take to your destination, so re-route yourself and find a happy trail, or accept what has been done and abide by the rules. If the rules are changed (as you describe every day), I'm quite confident you will be notified and have the oppurtunity to post in whatever fashion is deemed appropriate for you. And again if you do not like it, you can leave. This is a free forum with very good information, and really good people. I have enjoyed this place for quite some time now. I too have moderated forums, and own three private domains for business. No one has privacy and final word except the owner and the programmer.

Good luck on your future endeavors.

Randy
Old 02-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
For one I was reffering to the whole Kineda thing leading to the downturn of the W203 forum and all this other crap that is following. And what do those statements made on another forum have to do with MBWORLD? That is the second time I have seen a Mod/Admin make a statement based on something posted on another Forum. And if you had a sense of humor you would have understood why someone may make those comments instead of using them against that user. I am sure those comments were read at MBKLASSE and then you probably removed phreaks sig. What is said on another forum should not have anything to do with MBWORLD......
I posted his comments from the other site to show what his true intentions were. Like I said, he asked if his signature violated the TOU. He stated that he would gladly change it if it did. Go read the thread. MB-BOB responded to him in a very professional manner. He then acted like a child. Now why do his posts on another forum become relevant? Well, first, because this thread was started by someone linking to that forum. Second, when someone makes comments about disrupting a forum, and then they try to do it, it is a concern. Personally, I think (and it sure looks this way from his posts) that he intentionally started this whole thing, and his question about whether or not something violates the TOU was just bait, waiting for us to say it does so he can start his rant.

Now think about it. He has told lies about us, both on this forum and another. He has continued his rant about his signature, even though we've made it perfectly clear what our position on it is. We've done everything we can to keep this professional.

As for the earlier incident you mentioned, again, I believe that was also handled in a professional manner. But what's done is done.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Mods,
can the drama queens be banned please? I still see a great amount of traffic to the site so why must commotions be made? I have bit my tongue for the longest but this trolling behavior gets old.
Thanks
Electro
Old 02-28-2004, 03:31 AM
Banned

PLEASE JUST STOP AVOIDING MY QUESTION?

IF ALL THE OTHER .COM .NET .ORG REFERENCE SIGS ARE NOT REMOVED I ASSUME THAT MY SIG IS ALRIGHT?

SO YOU WERE WRONG TO TAKE IT DOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE?

IF I AM WRONG, THEN PLEASE ENFORCE YOUR TOA ON ALL THE OTHER .COM .NET .ORG REFERENCE SIGS, if not back off from my sig please. thanks.

LAST TIME, please stop avoiding my Question, thx.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:41 AM
Banned

Originally posted by revstriker
I posted his comments from the other site to show what his true intentions were. Like I said, he asked if his signature violated the TOU. He stated that he would gladly change it if it did. Go read the thread.
I DID CHANGE IT. LIKE 3 times!!! You failed math or something? Need I repeat myself ? I changed it 3 times, even though I clearly didn't violate your TOU, I still changed it!

WHY HAVEN't YOU REMOVED THE OTHER .COM .NET .ORG SIGS THEN? STOP AVOIDING MY QUESTION AND CLOAKING EVERYTHING WITH YOUR BS, you said you want something constructive done, then act on it, REMOVE ALL THOSE OTHER SIGS because they are against your tou TO SHOW US ALL YOUR UNBIAS ENFORCEMENT OF YOUR TOU.

You remove my sig because you claim I have violated your toa, then I want all the other .com .net .org sigs to be DEALT WITH A SIMILAR, UNEQUIVOCAL, UNBIAS MANNER. IF NOT LET ME HAVE MY SIG and stfu.

I repeat myself enough for you to understand or need I do it again?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MODERATORS....take the hint!