Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Link home page video discussions to a thread, and not just a general link to /forums.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 10:55 AM

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Link home page video discussions to a thread, and not just a general link to /forums.

Hello,

The articles/videos on the site home page are usually pretty neat to read/watch, and there is ALWAYS a link included that says something along the lines of:
"ALSO SEE: What the Forum Has to Say About the Professional Geländewagen"

But the links are always just to mbworld.org/forums, the forum main page listing the six thousand sub forums.

Instead, it would be nice if the author made an actual thread, maybe just under general discussion, and linked an actual thread to the article/video so people could go discuss the video in that thread after seeing the article/video.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Good idea, I'm not sure how we can gain the support of the community to follow your lead.

Bob
Old 09-11-2017, 02:41 PM

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by speedlimit
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Good idea, I'm not sure how we can gain the support of the community to follow your lead.

Bob
It's not my lead? I can't post articles on the main page of the site haha. Who ever is posting the articles there, which is probably only a couple of people with access I'd guess, already is posting a link in the article just to the forums so clearly they have some sort of protocol when posting the main page articles.

Ask the two people that post the articles on the main page to instead make a thread in this forum: https://mbworld.org/forums/general-m...discussion-22/
for the article, and link that thread instead of the forums home page.

It would be very simple to have them do haha, and then the link would actually take people some where to discuss the article/video.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
I understand and I meant following your suggestion. I will ask the content developers to review your post and make the changes. Thanks!

Bob
The following users liked this post:
drothgeb (09-11-2017)