Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Moderators: There is a CONFLICT of Interest here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Moderators: There is a CONFLICT of Interest here!

Moderators have many functions. One is to be objective, neutral and fair on issues of technical nature, which are discussed/presented in this forum.

Clearly, objectivity is compromised, when moderators become advocates for products and realizing personal gains.

Additionally, moderator's signature cannot be an ad for product promotion benefitting the moderator with commissions. Those ads may seem innocent to some, but they are ADS, sending a message that obviously lacks objectivity in product selection, irregardless of the quality of product promoted via the moderator's signature.

My suggestion: Where there is the appearance of a conflict of interest, the Moderator should recuse himself and not comment. No big deal.

If that is not done, this forum will lose its credibility and become a screaming billboard for a couple of moderators' product lines.

The following page might enlighten the management and participants of this forum re:

Ethics and Conflict of Interest, by Michael McDonald

http://www.ethics.ubc.ca/mcdonald/conflict.html

My comments are suggestion intended to improve this forum's objectivity and credibility. I have learned of lot here. I am grateful for the help and advice that I've received here from moderators and CLK enthusiasts alike.

Let's make this forum better!
Your comments are welcome.

Thank you.
Karl

Last edited by karl k; 04-17-2002 at 06:37 PM.