Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Depending on browser/platform, there may not be indication post is by forum sponsor!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 09:58 PM

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
2005 C230K Sport Coupe
Depending on browser/platform, there may not be indication post is by forum sponsor!

Depending on the browser and platform, there may not be any indication at all that a post is by a site sponsor.
This is a problem with the Forum Software.

For example, with thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...tire-wear.html

On Windows with Firefox and Chrome, I see that the original post is by a site sponsor.
On Android with the DuckDuckGo browser, there is NOT any indication that the original poster is a site sponsor.

Again, this is a problem with the Forum Software.
Note that neither of the other two site sponsors that often post in that forum, give any indication in theirs post that they are a site sponsor. However, people know from experience that they are site sponsors.

This makes it impossible for some members to know if a post is some BS SPAM by some scum, or information or a new product announcement by an actual respectable company.

Thanks.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:50 PM
IB Staff

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by RedGray
Depending on the browser and platform, there may not be any indication at all that a post is by a site sponsor.
This is a problem with the Forum Software.

For example, with thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...tire-wear.html

On Windows with Firefox and Chrome, I see that the original post is by a site sponsor.
On Android with the DuckDuckGo browser, there is NOT any indication that the original poster is a site sponsor.

Again, this is a problem with the Forum Software.
Note that neither of the other two site sponsors that often post in that forum, give any indication in theirs post that they are a site sponsor. However, people know from experience that they are site sponsors.

This makes it impossible for some members to know if a post is some BS SPAM by some scum, or information or a new product announcement by an actual respectable company.

Thanks.
Edit: I think I understand the issue after further investigating. It's concerning the mobile theme and not the desktop theme on mobile. Correct? I'll discuss with the team.

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:39 AM

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
2005 C230K Sport Coupe
Fwiw, I use mainly Windows and Firefox, so I don't specifically have an issue.

It looked fine on Android Firefox using desktop mode.

I attached a screenshot from Android, using the DuckDuckGo browser.

Also, on Android, using Chrome:

Last edited by RedGray; 11-24-2019 at 12:55 AM.