Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

iPhone 6 nervous screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 221 Likes on 189 Posts
2005 R 230 SL350 (M112 3.7). Sold the 1966 W113 230SL recently
iPhone 6 nervous screen

Hi,

Iphone 6. When I visit an existing thread in the R230 forum, there’s the options ‘subscribe’ and ‘go to first unread’. Lately, the screen jumps down a line, after half a second or so. Resulting in my finger tip taking me to ‘subscribe’ in stead of to the first unread post. This by now has happened perhaps 100 times, quite frustrating. Can you make the shift effect go?
Old 03-01-2020, 06:56 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this to Internet Brands for hopefully a fix. Sorry!

Bob
Old 03-01-2020, 08:15 PM
IB Staff

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Frederick NL
Hi,

Iphone 6. When I visit an existing thread in the R230 forum, there’s the options ‘subscribe’ and ‘go to first unread’. Lately, the screen jumps down a line, after half a second or so. Resulting in my finger tip taking me to ‘subscribe’ in stead of to the first unread post. This by now has happened perhaps 100 times, quite frustrating. Can you make the shift effect go?
Are you using the mobile view or full desktop theme?

There is no code that specifically makes the screen jump by merely a line. Mostly likely what you're experiencing is due to an element on the page not loading until after the browser is rendering the website, which may shift the content down depending on what element it is and where it's located.

If you have a screen capture that shows this, or if you can identify the element, that might help. That said, there may not be an easy fix as it could be the way Safari simply renders the website but there could be other factors that are, and aren't, within control.