Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Staying logged in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 07:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC 300 2020 SUV
Staying logged in

I use my Gooogle account to log in, and it's really annnoying that the site automatically logs me out every couple of hours. I have to keep logging in whatever the device.
Can this be fixed?
Old 04-29-2020, 10:23 PM
IB Staff

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Stark33
I use my Gooogle account to log in, and it's really annnoying that the site automatically logs me out every couple of hours. I have to keep logging in whatever the device.
Can this be fixed?
The Google logins are session-based and thus expire when the session expires (either based on time or browser being closed). The time expiration is approximately 1 hour for MBWorld. There is no setting to control this behavior.

If you want to remain logged in, the only option is to request we convert your account to a normal account that uses a username and password so that it's cookie-based in your browser. Provided you don't clear your browser's cookies, don't use the log out, it is possible to stay logged in for up to 1 year provided your cookie doesn't get corrupt or deleted.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:12 AM

GLC 300 2020 SUV
Originally Posted by IB JT
The Google logins are session-based and thus expire when the session expires (either based on time or browser being closed). The time expiration is approximately 1 hour for MBWorld. There is no setting to control this behavior.

If you want to remain logged in, the only option is to request we convert your account to a normal account that uses a username and password so that it's cookie-based in your browser. Provided you don't clear your browser's cookies, don't use the log out, it is possible to stay logged in for up to 1 year provided your cookie doesn't get corrupt or deleted.
Thanks, how can I convert my account to a regular one?
Old 04-30-2020, 08:12 AM
IB Staff

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Stark33
Thanks, how can I convert my account to a regular one?
You can have the automated system reset your password by using the following link when not logged in:
https://mbworld.org/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

The above should allow you to reset your password by emailing you a temporary password to your gmail email address so that you can set a normal password. Once you have a normal password, then you simply use that password and your username to log into the forums.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:34 PM

GLC 300 2020 SUV
Originally Posted by IB JT
You can have the automated system reset your password by using the following link when not logged in:
https://mbworld.org/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

The above should allow you to reset your password by emailing you a temporary password to your gmail email address so that you can set a normal password. Once you have a normal password, then you simply use that password and your username to log into the forums.
That did the job, thanks. 👍